Topic: Burning Lemons

I've occasionally heard Lemons referred to as Burning Man with cars.  I know some of the Battle Bot guys moved on to Burning Man. Question: Are any Lemons' guys going to Burning Man next week?

Re: Burning Lemons

I went to Burning Man in 2006 and 2008.  2008 was coincidentally the first year I got involved in Lemons.  So I guess you could say I did the opposite.  Which is not to say I'd never go back to BRC, but Lemons takes up all of my available free time and money.  Plus I can do two Lemons races for about what it costs me to go to one Burning Man. 

I've toyed with the idea of starting a Lemons theme camp at Burning Man, but so far haven't really gotten any interest in the idea.  I think Burning Man attracts freaks who might have gearhead tendencies, while Lemons attracts gearheads who might have freak tendencies.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Burning man is so 2004.

We are the next big thing.

Daniel Sycks

dsycks wrote:

Burning man is so 2004.

We are the next big thing.

Burning Lemons?

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

When do we get the naked body-painted chicks?

-Victor

sublimate wrote:

that would be at Hyperfest, going on next door at Summit.

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

sublimate wrote:

I keep hoping for Lemons groupies.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

sublimate wrote:

Would hookers do that?

Why does it have to be chicks?

Putting the "dirty" in Dirty Little Freaks Racing
~stalk us on facebook

We had some Mustang Ranch girls working the corners at Reno-Fernley. Really. Track manager hired them.

disarrae wrote:

Why does it have to be chicks?

It doesn't have to be, but that's the only kind I'm interested in.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

so thats why they sucked! lol seriously they werent that bad this last time.

I heard one driver say there was a busty woman in the station at turn 3 or 4 with her top off for a few laps in the early night. any other reports of this?

Hey - GREAT IDEA! Let's set up a hay-bale demarked track AT Burning Man!

Should it be back-to-back 10 hour days or just a "last man standing" race?

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

14 (edited by mechimike 2011-08-24 04:58 AM)

crazymike wrote:

Burning Man has all sorts of rules about art cars.  None of which are really safety related.  Pretty sure we'd be thrown out of Burning Man for holding an impromptu Lemons Race there...

Wait a minute...

THROWN OUT OF BURNING MAN????  I think we may have stumbled upon something.  Crazymike and Mechimike get THROWN OUT OF BURNING MAN!!!

Edit:  Here's the course:

http://www.roadflares.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4436&g2_serialNumber=1

'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"

How could something this right be wrong?

Daniel Sycks

dsycks wrote:

http://cellardoorfam.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/bluewheels-burning-man-art-car.jpg

Somehow I don't see "Flat Black Car with Numbers" or "Generic NASCAR" being enough of a standout.

-=Tom

-=HFC Tom

pennintj wrote:
dsycks wrote:

http://cellardoorfam.files.wordpress.co … rt-car.jpg

Somehow I don't see "Flat Black Car with Numbers" or "Generic NASCAR" being enough of a standout.

-=Tom

That's the beauty- the cars will have to be "arty" enough to pass Burning Man's strict standards for what constitutes an "Art Car", yet under their hoods (or whatever passes for a hood on something like a rolling victorian mansion or a whale phallus sculpture) there will be hopped up Hondas, blown Chevies, and turbocharged Swedes.  Imagine a dozen or more rolling works of art, trading paint, paper mache, and El-wire at 100 mph in the playa dust!

Sadly, this idea is so awesome that I don't think it could ever come to fruition.

mechimike wrote:
crazymike wrote:

Burning Man has all sorts of rules about art cars.  None of which are really safety related.  Pretty sure we'd be thrown out of Burning Man for holding an impromptu Lemons Race there...

Wait a minute...

THROWN OUT OF BURNING MAN????  I think we may have stumbled upon something.  Crazymike and Mechimike get THROWN OUT OF BURNING MAN!!!

Edit:  Here's the course:

http://www.roadflares.org/gallery/main. … alNumber=1

I feel obliged to bring the Nixon car to any race with the phrase "hippie death" in the title.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

vwdmc16 wrote:

so thats why they sucked! lol seriously they werent that bad this last time.

I heard one driver say there was a busty woman in the station at turn 3 or 4 with her top off for a few laps in the early night. any other reports of this?

It is true, just at dusk Saturday at the top of the "hoot and holler", not one, but two busty, topless women where waving the yellow flag, well I think it was a yellow flag, didn't pay much attention to the flag! It was a very nice touch by the track owner and well appreciated by all. And amazingly everyone slowed down, no rear enders, even though we were hoping for some rear ends.

Dirty Duck Racing, #83 VW Rabbit GTI
'10,'11,12,'13 -Thunderhill, '10,'11,'12,'13,'14 - Buttonwillow, '11,'12,'13,'14 Sears Pointless, '11-Fernley, '13 Sears Even More Pointless-Class B Winner,  '11,'13 Arse-Freeze Sears Point, Return of the LeMonites Miller Motorsports-Class B Winner, '13 A&D Northworst GT-Overall Winner in MT-GT

Mike C. wrote:
sublimate wrote:

that would be at Hyperfest, going on next door at Summit.

I had a very lovely conversation with a Hyperfest ho about Lemons (she was hopelessly confused by it) and it took me quite some time to realize she wasn't even wearing any clothes. This says a few unfortunate things about where my priorities are.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

This is kind of what I thought. Lemons guys are too busy building their cars, &/or the sensibilities of the two groups diverged awhile ago. My son (whose automotive education I have sadly neglected) goes every year, but now that I've enrolled him in my Lemons project it will be interesting to see what happens smile

vwdmc16 wrote:

That would be a good way to get drivers to actually look at the flag stations.  You guys should work that into the budget.

-Killer B's (as in rally) '84 4000Q 4.2V8. Audis never win?