Topic: Team Unintended Acceleration - We're back, we're BAD, and we're in HD

Gone but not forgotten.  Twas a sad day on Thursday, June 25, 2009 when the King of Pop, Michael Jackson died.  Known for their compassionate driving, Team Unintended Acceleration will be bringing an encore of the Life, Love, and Victory of Michael Jackson to the 2009 YeeHaw It’s Texas Lemons race at MSR Houston.  Co-Driven by the #1 Smooth Criminal himself, we will all get to re-live the good and bad times.  The fashion fads and botched plastic surgery.  Random exotic animals.  Flaming Pepsi sponsorship.  Lover not a Fighter.  It’s Black or White….yeah yeah yeah.  Saturday will start out in Jackson’s early years with our original black paint job, but the planned (and unplanned) plastic surgeries which occur through the initial hours of racing along with a dramatic, and secretive skin-whitening process you will see an entirely new side of Jackson mx-5 racing on Sunday.

Prepare to be amazed by Team Unintended Acceleration’s proven driving skills, glitter gloves, moonwalks, babies held precariously, random “heeeehe!” and crotch grabbing.  Judges will even get to re-enact the contoversial trial as Michael pleads his case for the $500 Miata.  Their Honors alongside chief prosecutor Jay Lamm will poke and prod, pick holes in our case, and analyze the evidence after which they will get to “brand” our car with a “CONVICTED” or ACQUITTED” verdict.

Be sure to check out our Teaser HD Video

http://www.jimmypribble.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=185&g2_serialNumber=1

Team Unintended Acceleration
2008 YeeHaw It's Texas Lemons
2009 Gator-O-Rama Texas Lemons
2009 YeeHaw It's Texas Lemons

Re: Team Unintended Acceleration - We're back, we're BAD, and we're in HD

Great, I'm leaving the kids at home this time....

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

Hold on a minute... let's back up a bit there, Cap'n Eo... did you say you're bringing a Miata?

MurileeMartin wrote:

Hold on a minute... let's back up a bit there, Cap'n Eo... did you say you're bringing a Miata?

Michael Jackson is always ready for a tough legal battle.  Let's just hope his winning streak in the courtroom holds up in BS judging.

Texas with a Miata? Did the last race eliminate People's Curse? Cool video, love the gauges. Good luck with the BS judges.....but I think there may be a bigger issue....the people.

'86 E30, '09 Stafford Aug, '10 CMP Feb, VIR Apr, Summit Jun,  CMP Sep
             '11 CMP Feb, Rock Mar, Charlotte Apr, Summit Jun
'68 MGB '11 NJMP Apr (winner IOE)

Sheesh, Neverland is full of Renault Caravelles and Kaiser Manhattans and the best you can do is a Miata?

MurileeMartin wrote:

Sheesh, Neverland is full of Renault Caravelles and Kaiser Manhattans and the best you can do is a Miata?

While it is true that Neverland Ranch is full of pixie dust, pipe dreams and classic race-pedigree eastern block vehicles....his majesty the King of Pop took pity on this cute Japanese eunos roadster which suffered a Joe Jackson-inspired beating and was destined for the crusher.  We pleaded for his mint Jensen Citicar donk or stage 3 Renault Fuego Turbo, but apparently they are being willed to his children and are trapped in legal quarantine.

MurileeMartin wrote:

You mean these guys?

http://www.jimmypribble.com/images/kaiserbill.jpg

I don't know what you're talking about with them, but the Miata was just too obvious to leave alone. It is black with a botched nose job and it lost it's life, at almost the exact time as the Smooth Criminal hisself. It was serendipity worthy of HIStory.

Besides, everybody loves Miatas. They're like puppies. Who would crush a puppy?

Jimmy

Gator-O-Rama: 2009
Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas: 2008, 2009, 2010

http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/1279/medium/IMG_61002.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2008/10/340x_PC_Texas_494.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/06/Black_Widow_Milk_Carton-504px.jpg

Puppies! Oh the dogmanity!

13 (edited by EvergreenDan 2009-10-13 04:53 AM)

If your build is as nice as your video, you're doomed. Very well done. Even the titles were excellent (different values of the same color, different font sizes, skewed fade times). Thanks!

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

Believe it or not, most Miatas get zero penalty laps these days. That doesn't mean this one will get zero, of course. In fact, we'd better get floored by the awesomeness of this car's theme at MSR. I'm not saying we want a recreation of the Pepsi "hair on fire" incident during the BS Inspection... well, maybe I am.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Believe it or not, most Miatas get zero penalty laps these days. That doesn't mean this one will get zero, of course. In fact, we'd better get floored by the awesomeness of this car's theme at MSR. I'm not saying we want a recreation of the Pepsi "hair on fire" incident during the BS Inspection... well, maybe I am.

I was thinking the same thing.

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

MurileeMartin wrote:

While not Jackson related, some Cindy Crawford Pepsi commercial reenactments could be interesting.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

But Michael Jackson is  registered to drive for our team.

Really.

In fact, he drove the last stint at NL.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

???

http://indiebum.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/michael.jpg

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

http://www.jimmypribble.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=189&g2_serialNumber

Oh my...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

and you are bringing your own personal miata....that was wrecked by some lady....that you sold to your own team for under $500?

Ya this sounds about as legit as the last few that got crushed.......good luvk breaking the curse.....

lucky for you some idiot is bringing an 05 mini  LOL

David Hedderick
Houston, TX
1986 325ese Shitbox Lemons car (sold...blowed up)
1990 miata drift car...like the BMW only slower and with a twisted chassis :\

I think that metal-on-metal contact with the Mini should be exempt from black flagging.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Wait, you sold yourselves the Miata? Oh yeah, we love that!

davebs14 wrote:

and you are bringing your own personal miata....that was wrecked by some lady....that you sold to your own team for under $500?

I bought it back from the insurance company and have enough documentation to convince you there are WMD in Iraq. We got our bona fides.

Jimmy Pribble wrote:
davebs14 wrote:

I bought it back from the insurance company and have enough documentation to convince you there are WMD in Iraq. We got our bona fides.

You = Boned

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"