Topic: Need drivers, wrenches, and cooks for season ender

Since I am still banzored, I have hardly embraced my role as team owner.  The plan is to bring 3~4 cars (all German!) and we need to fill some seats.  The 560 is probably spoken for, but we have room in the 67 110, the 86 Cabrio, and maybe a mystery 4th car.

So if that wan't bad enough, I what to throw a cooking extravaganza.  Plan is to set up near the front and feed folks left and right.  I am going to need a few people to help cook and probably work on the pile of cars.  Preference will be given to drivers I know, to ensure they don't Brandon them in a corner.  At least then I can track them down and give them the evil eye.  Donations for the food will be appreciated but not required.

Thinking about Fajitas one night, maybe some BBQ, variety of eggs, bacon, and pancakes for breakfast.  You get the idea.

Let me know if you are interested, seats are $500~$600 (Lemons fees, gas, car rent) depending on how many show up.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

2 (edited by Mulry 2012-10-01 12:16 PM)

Re: Need drivers, wrenches, and cooks for season ender

We were going to do the 2d Annual TARP Season-Ender Ribfest on Saturday night and would be glad to coordinate our efforts. smile We are thinking (depending on interest) of adding more Bacon Explosion to the mix, but we're going to have to find some budgetary assistance if that's going to happen.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

The Border Patrol Team will be there - hopefully we'll get there early enough to set-up next to you guys again. I'm happy to help cook or set-up.

Team Border Patrol, Houston TX
'97 Cherokee - Organizer's Choice TWS '12; Class B Champions ECR '14
'89 Comanche - Class C Champions ECR '13

Pat I had you in mind when I was thinking about this.  I'll do the Friday night meal if you'll do saturday.

89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

I am not driving for this event, but gonna be pit crewing for the Metroplex not so mini team.

So i can cook on friday if you need, i grill pretty good and can turn a mean flap jack as long as i can get to help the team by race time.

Oh i drove ECR at the 24hr hooptie if one of your drivers does not show up and you are in a pinch wink

April 2012  - North Dallas Hooptie - 24 Hour - Eagles Caynon Raceway
Sept 2012 - Gat-or-Rama - MSR Houston
Sept 2013 - Gat-or-Rama - 24 Hour- MSR Houston

I can help wrench and cook.....not ready to drive yet, but looking for a team to hang with and see what happens behind the scenes for when I start building a Lemons racer next year.

If it moves and shouldn't, use Duct Tape.
If it should move and doesn't, use WD-40.
If those don't work, its BROKE!

7 (edited by MrEntropy 2012-10-01 06:42 PM)

Jackasic wrote:

I am going to need a few people to help cook and probably work on the pile of cars.

What is this "probably" you refer to? None of those cars actually run now, nor are they likely to be running the night before the race now are they? Just to be clear, I'm pretty sure they are not going to give you the 'Rick Perry Lack of Preparation Award" 2 times this year no matter how much you cook or how many non-functional cars you enter in the race. smile

But what do I know, I'm just family.

(All seriousness aside, I'm tempted to come join you....)

imMobile 1 Racing -  '86 Porche-ish 944T

Jackasic wrote:

Pat I had you in mind when I was thinking about this.  I'll do the Friday night meal if you'll do saturday.

Works for me! I'd better reserve that tow-behind smoker now. I swear if I ever build my own flatbed trailer it will have a smoker deck built onto the tongue.

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Go_Vols wrote:

The Border Patrol Team will be there - hopefully we'll get there early enough to set-up next to you guys again. I'm happy to help cook or set-up.

Yeah, we need to be where we were last time. You wont run away from Big Blue like you did the Rabbit......

51 time Loser.

MrEntropy wrote:
Jackasic wrote:

I am going to need a few people to help cook and probably work on the pile of cars.

What is this "probably" you refer to? None of those cars actually run now, nor are they likely to be running the night before the race now are they? Just to be clear, I'm pretty sure they are not going to give you the 'Rick Perry Lack of Preparation Award" 2 times this year no matter how much you cook or how many non-functional cars you enter in the race. smile

But what do I know, I'm just family.

(All seriousness aside, I'm tempted to come join you....)

Now Derek, thats no way to talk about your little brother. I'll have you know we took the green on Sat and Checkers on Sun. Sure we rolled through tech 15 minutes before the race started..... but hey, we made it.  And I'm pretty sure Lucky the Rabbit is Brandon-proof!!

You better come play while you can, you won't be able to stray so far from home after that baby is born.....

51 time Loser.

gravity is optional wrote:

I can help wrench and cook.....not ready to drive yet, but looking for a team to hang with and see what happens behind the scenes for when I start building a Lemons racer next year.

Sure you're ready to drive.... and we got the perfect car for you. The Crapathia, '67 Benz. Easy to drive, no annoying gauges to look at, built like a tank, looks so cool nobody wants to hit it (well, that and there scared of what hitting said tank would do to their crappy little car) and when the vibration reaches your ribcage you shift....  easy peasy.

51 time Loser.

still looking for folks

I call Guard Duty on the Beer Cooler!

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

I'll be wrenching for Pat, which means I'll be manning the smoker Saturday afternoon/evening.

On Friday, we reserved the mega-smoker for that weekend. RibFest 2012 will be Saturday night, now with more bacon smile

We will be there, probably grab our usual spot out in the open on the upper gravel area near Race HQ. No idea what the car will do when we get there, but if we can pitch in or make some British style chilli, a homemade stew, fish and chips or strawberries and cream.....let us know!!!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

LeMonster wrote:

Yeah, we need to be where we were last time. You wont run away from Big Blue like you did the Rabbit......

Can you keep brakes on that thing at ECR for more than an hour? If so, I'll concede that it'll be tough to keep up with the Merc. But we'll give you a fight! Maybe a little side action on a race-within-a-race...

Team Border Patrol, Houston TX
'97 Cherokee - Organizer's Choice TWS '12; Class B Champions ECR '14
'89 Comanche - Class C Champions ECR '13

three races later I am still on the same set of pads, surprisingly not the weak link.

looking to bring three cars, have a few seats left.