Topic: New Harbor Freight Tools coupon! (not really just too funny)

saw this on Hooniverse last week then laughed until I cried
http://hooniverse.com/2012/09/24/truth- … ght-tools/

http://hooniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Hazard-Fraught.jpg

http://hooniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/HF2.jpg

http://hooniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/HF3.jpg

http://hooniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/HF4.jpg

Re: New Harbor Freight Tools coupon! (not really just too funny)

I need some Bono safety glasses the next time I go whale hunting.  Then I'll have stories to pass on to my children, which are better than crap tools.  Win!

So hilarious, because it's so true.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

I want that heavy duty pneumatic slide whistle...  Once the compressor has filled up, I could really entertain the kids.

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

I've got three of those cordless hammers but damn if I can find batteries for them anymore. I guess I just have to toss my hammers and buy new ones.

We broke a brand new HF vise grip in half working on our transmission at Summit Point. 

High Quality

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

I could really use that manual chainsaw.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Garden hose/extension cord combo.......pure genius

Carbon footprint diesel chevette: IOE Gingerman '11, ClassC winner Autobahn, 13
Isuzu iMark diesel: IOE Gingerman'13
Chrysler Cordoba: Organizers Choice Barber '14

Ha ha!  HF sells some craptastic stuff.  Why do I keep shopping there?

10 (edited by psychoboy 2012-10-02 01:51 PM)

because racecar.

also, because if i'm going to break a tool using it for an unintended purpose, i want it to be inexpensive.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

LOL.  really.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Plus their return policy is really generous.

The last time I returned a tool the guy at the register was a trainee.  The woman training him said "you're going to be doing a lot of these."  Bwahaha, no joke.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

dculberson wrote:

Plus their return policy is really generous.

The last time I returned a tool the guy at the register was a trainee.  The woman training him said "you're going to be doing a lot of these."  Bwahaha, no joke.

Scene - It's the evening before this year's Buttonwillow 24hr.  I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to mother hen getting two cars to the track.  One of the tow vehicles finally shows up.  I go to hook the trailer up and discover that there is no receiver for the thing, nor does it have the right wiring.  There's a Harbor Freight down the street so I'm shopping the trailer aisle 30 min to closing.  They don't have any 2 5/16 hitch balls and no 7 to 6 pin converters.  But time is running out on how late parts stores are going to be open plus I haven't been able to load the trailer because it wasn't hooked to anything so I still have a ton to do that night.  I already went through a bunch of trailer drama a couple hours earlier so I'm starting to panic a bit.  So I grab that three headed/all 3 hitch balls on one hitch receiver monstrousity and some trailer wiring crap.  First cashier counter looks to have a shorter line so I get in that.  After a couple of people go through the cashier annouces he hasn't had his dinner break and he's leaving.  20 minutes to closing.  Everyone shifts to the other cashier station where I'm now farther back in line and with less time to hit other stores.  Do I drop what I've got and bolt or stay put and suck it up?  Bird in the hand/two in the bush?  I suck it up.  Lines moving up until 2 guys in front of me.  This guy is returning 29, I kid you not, 29 of those $3.99 led flashlights.  On about 15 receipts.  With the sole intention of buying back those 29 plus another 10 because he now has a coupon and wants the coupon price for all of them.  The clock is on the wall above the cashier and I'm watching the time tick away like watching an hourglass.  Meanwhile, cashier #1 and the manager apparently had words as a very sour mooded cashier #1 is back on line and the manager is trying to sort out the Flashlight Whisperer.  BTW, cashier #2 had declined my offer of 30 bucks to make this guy go away.  Also, the cashier line has hit the back wall by this point.  The line gets split in a place where I'm #2 in line with cashier #1.  The guy in front of me?  18 year old kid returning not 1, but 2 Aoogah horns.  Aoogah horns?  WTF? Only has receipt for 1 <sigh>. 

I did manage to find another auto parts store that had the crap I needed.  2 days after Buttonwillow, you know who I was?  The asshat holding up the HF cashier line returning that crap.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

cheseroo wrote:

Scene - It's the evening before this year's Buttonwillow 24hr.  .....
... First cashier counter looks to have a shorter line so I get in that.  After a couple of people go through the cashier annouces he hasn't had his dinner break and he's leaving.  20 minutes to closing.

I worked @ hazzerd fight toolplace for a few years they have employees in the place late after they close to stock shelves and clean and such... that employee may have had a 4-midnight shift like i had most of the time

also you know all of those 2wheel dollies, wheel barrows, and weird displays don't build themselves

I made some high-quality (200 dpi, 24-bit color) scans from the original pages in Mad Magazine.   If anyone wants copies, shoot me an e-mail.   They are about 2.5 MB per page (10 MB total).   I'm going to print some copies and leave them lying around at H.F. the next time I go there.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

CowDriver wrote:

I made some high-quality (200 dpi, 24-bit color) scans from the original pages in Mad Magazine.   If anyone wants copies, shoot me an e-mail.   They are about 2.5 MB per page (10 MB total).   I'm going to print some copies and leave them lying around at H.F. the next time I go there.

oh dear god this was my thought my wife was extremely unimpressed with that idea

dana_h_acdc wrote:

oh dear god this was my thought my wife was extremely unimpressed with that idea

They are like that.   Whenever I go to see my best friend, mine always reminds me, "Remember, NO EXPLOSIVES!"

mine says "return with all of your digits or i will be pissed!"
that goes for fireworks or shooting or working on cars

she also says "slow down we aren't in a race!"

and "we cant afford a speeding ticket!"

best of all "dont die or i'll kill you!"

CowDriver wrote:

so that's where these things came from... they have been posted everywhere for the last couple of weeks, but no one knew where they came from- i was beginning to think that some random person had posted them to a bulletin board somewhere and they went viral...

novaderrik wrote:
CowDriver wrote:

so that's where these things came from... they have been posted everywhere for the last couple of weeks, but no one knew where they came from- i was beginning to think that some random person had posted them to a bulletin board somewhere and they went viral...

I haven't laughed so hard in a week.  I may have to subscribe to Mad just because of this.  I just got my HF coupons last week, and sure enough, free LED flashlight (reg 6.99)...

15x+ Loser, thinks he's a Real Racer(tm)
Rotaries are great, everyone should try them.

I laughed so hard I nearly peed myself.
wait - oops

that's seriously hilarious though

Paluck
Rooster Juice Racing
Bay Area, CA

CowDriver wrote:

Rather than e-mail copies to those who want them, I uploaded them to the web and you can fetch them yourselves:

http://www.nelsonusa.com/alan/HF001.jpg
http://www.nelsonusa.com/alan/HF002.jpg
http://www.nelsonusa.com/alan/HF003.jpg
http://www.nelsonusa.com/alan/HF003.jpg
http://www.nelsonusa.com/alan/HF_Wines.jpg