Topic: While this is well and good, Bacon topics should not be in here...

nuff said

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Re: While this is well and good, Bacon topics should not be in here...

http://www.youtube.com/user/epicmealtime

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

Unless you are trying to figure out how to run your car on bacon. It could be made into BioDiesel, it would be such a waste of good food but the
exhaust would smell wonderful.

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.

eat the bacon.

burn the drippings.

you'd have to eat a lot of bacon to fill the tank, but it might be worth it.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

psychoboy wrote:

eat the bacon.

burn the drippings.

you'd have to eat a lot of bacon to fill the tank, but it might be worth it.

http://www.comboutique.com/shop/products/inprint_small/USR60813/20110702145627_challenge_accepted1.jpg

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

I've got just the car that can make this happen.

If you come to CMP and walk around the paddock long enough, you'll get enough bacon and other animal fat drippings to fuel a 7.3 powerstroke in an LTD for the whole race.

I love food at CMP. Mmmm, bacon.

K Car Stalker

I think if you just put a drip pan under ronman you could accomplish that feat, Alex.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Most of you have proven my point:

This should be in the tech section.

Maybe a "Bacon Tech"  stickie?

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

mechimike wrote:

I think if you just put a drip pan under ronman you could accomplish that feat, Alex.

True story, Mike.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

If you do field a bacon powered car, I might just stay behind you the whole race for the Aroma therapy experience, even if my car were faster.

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.

I'm sure you aren't alone Mike.

Might be able to get a Class C car as the overall victor with that ingenious idea!  IOE, Most Laps, and likely Judges Choice...sounds like a full-sweep Hat-trick to me!

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

bacon grease is going to need mixed with something, and/or heated to work well as fuel.

additionally, I collect bewteen 1/2 and 1 gallon of grease per 30 pounds of bacon during a race weekend. enough to cut w/ veggie to give your exhaust a bacon flavor perhaps, but not enough to call it "purely bacon fueled racing"

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

you just have to have enough to make people not want to pass you.....

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

Think of it like buying Kona Coffee in the grocery store.  In the fine print it says it's actually only 10% Kona, but they can still call it Kona Coffee.  So 10% bacon fueled = a fully bacon fueled race.  Just make sure there's some bacon in the tank at any moment.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

Most of you have proven my point:

This should be in the tech section.

Maybe a "Bacon Tech"  stickie?

Bacon needs to run free...

http://twistedsifter.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/the-born-free-baby.jpg

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

It should be noted that I have no Bio-diesel / Veggie Oil expertise, but as we all know, it has never been a requirement in Lemons to know what you are doing.
So start with a deep fryer filled with Peanut oil, which I heard is the best to run in old Benz's. Fry up a shit load of Bacon, which you use to bribe the Judges & feed any & all bacon lovers at the track. Let it cool & settle, Filter it out  & run it in your car with an inline fuel heater like my cousin has on his old Veggie-Oil Benz. For Good measure... Paint it up as a slab of Bacon.....Win,Win Win!

MikeZilla wrote:

It should be noted that I have no Bio-diesel / Veggie Oil expertise, but as we all know, it has never been a requirement in Lemons to know what you are doing.
So start with a deep fryer filled with Peanut oil, which I heard is the best to run in old Benz's. Fry up a shit load of Bacon, which you use to bribe the Judges & feed any & all bacon lovers at the track. Let it cool & settle, Filter it out  & run it in your car with an inline fuel heater like my cousin has on his old Veggie-Oil Benz. For Good measure... Paint it up as a slab of Bacon.....Win,Win Win!

pure genious

I wonder if there's an easy way to process bacon grease that would break up those long chains and keep it liquid at room temperatures. Kinda like the "cracking" procedure to convert veggie oil into true biodiesel.

BACODIESEL

SpaceFrank wrote:

I wonder if there's an easy way to process bacon grease that would break up those long chains and keep it liquid at room temperatures. Kinda like the "cracking" procedure to convert veggie oil into true biodiesel.

BACODIESEL

I'll save up a few slabs worth of grease and do a coke bottle biodiesel conversion on it. I assume that like most animal fats there will be a lot of wax vs fuel.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

The important question is whether the resulting fuel will still smell like bacon.

22 (edited by MikeZilla 2012-12-14 01:55 PM)

We should build a whole fleet, at least one car per region, & start the B.R.A., Bacon Racing Association. We may even be able to get a grant from the National Pork Producers Council.  Our Costumes could be simple....  BRAs made of Bacon.

SpaceFrank wrote:

The important question is whether the resulting fuel will still smell like bacon.

Or taste.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Bacon should be capitalized.

This space for rent.

I have a Mercedes 240D stick shift.

Bacon.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["