Topic: Off to Reno

Okay, tomorrow is travel day.  Packing up the computer in 22 minutes.  Car is loaded and trailer springs are sagging.  I just want to thank everyone for some great banter, great posts, great discussions, great poetry, great pics, great lies and great fun!  Here's to everyone's safe travel and safe racing (Newbies included!).

See you at the track -

John

PS -- No matter where you're coming in from, or what road you're on, or how late you are... if you see anything that looks like a race trailer pulled to the side of the road --- pull over and see if you can help.  Racer's etiquette and good karma.

"Age only matters if you're a cheese."  Helen Hayes

Re: Off to Reno

professional.dreamer wrote:

PS -- No matter where you're coming in from, or what road you're on, or how late you are... if you see anything that looks like a race trailer pulled to the side of the road --- pull over and see if you can help.  Racer's etiquette and good karma.

Amen, and hopefully none of them will look like this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Wlgi4CdM40A/SVR2OsZDd_I/AAAAAAAAAFs/LbG319puj4Y/s320/IMG_1636.JPG

I think I'll be ok when I get to Fernley but until then I'm going to be one nervous back-seat passenger even if it is May and all the snow should be long gone (I hope!).

Just got to Fernley and at the hotel.  While nothing like the poor pujo team I lost my speedo in Portland so had no idea how fast I was going the entire way down.  Just went out to dinner and got back and found I had a flat tire in the rear, I hope the race goes better than this!

Team Oly Express
Current car - 1964.5 Plymouth Barracuda, Former car - Size Does Matter 1967 Plymouth Fury
07 IOE Winner Thunderhill, 12 IOE Winner Sears Pointless
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Team- … 4609354407

rocketresto wrote:

Just got to Fernley and at the hotel.  While nothing like the poor pujo team I lost my speedo in Portland so had no idea how fast I was going the entire way down.  Just went out to dinner and got back and found I had a flat tire in the rear, I hope the race goes better than this!

We can see your car out the window right now. Heh, heh.

MurileeMartin wrote:
rocketresto wrote:

We can see your car out the window right now. Heh, heh.

Heh, heh.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Dude John... we looked UP AND DOWN the pits for the chili feed tonight... wtf?

We ended up spending time with the sharks... thanks for the beers guys!

As you know, Friday night was pretty scattered... most people left the track after tech.  We had one person come by and ask about the movie... not the chili.  So, rather than cook and waste the 10 gallons of chili we had set aside for Friday, we bagged the Friday night feed.  And, with the consistent 35 mph winds + 50 mph gusts, the movie was impossible.  Sorry, but Mom Nature pulled the plug on that one. 

Saturday, we made 25 gallons of chili and fed about 200+ people.  We also showed the movie "Grand Prix" (James Garner, 1966) which was a lot of fun.

See you in Buttonwillow!

John

"Age only matters if you're a cheese."  Helen Hayes

Yeah we were sorry to have missed most of it sad  We pulled in to the pits after the checkered and realized our lower A-arm bolt was half-way out.  We had some re torquing to do