Re: Kurrent "K" Kar Komitments

I keep forgtting to take pics of the stupid hood...... Sorry guys! Tonight............we'll probably forget though. Lol

I have learned that with the K, everything is impossible.

Barely even touched the thing. But I'd agree totally. I gotta admire people that can keep at it like that.  Makes playing with a 65 Rambler seem easy.

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

279 (edited by ninjacoco 2013-11-25 09:31 AM)

NSF wrote:

We neeeeeed MORE GLITTER.

You, sir, win for saying this.

Bring it back to TX and I'll help "retheme" the car. (And by "retheme," I mean GLITTERBOMB.)

I do like the giant pink Mitsu badge, though. YES.

Wendell34 wrote:

and maybe a glitter cannon.
Is that legal?

OMG PLEASE MAKE IT SO!

I hate glitter Sofa King Much.

Reminds me of my ex.  hmm

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Glitter and vanilla are always good answers no matter the question.

This space for rent.

I plan on being there to help carry out Phil's Very Evil Plans. Expect no mercy. From me at least.......BWAHAHAHA!

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Judge Phil wrote:

I have learned that with the K, everything is impossible.

Sing after me, everyone!

"To dream the impossible dream
  To fight the unbeatable foe
  To bear with unbearable sorrow
  To run where the brave dare not go..."

(It makes it all better at 3am during an engine swap after the gin wears off.)

(Fun fact: Peter O'Toole, who starred in Man of La Mancha, where we all heard this song, "holds the record for the most Academy Award acting nominations without a win.  Sounds like our kind of role model!)

I'll let mike update more extensively, but we did spend 2 hrs figuring out why the rear lights didn't work. This was after it was decided, "yup. I think its ready"

285 (edited by autoxmike 2013-11-26 08:54 AM)

We got the cobbled together heater going last night, made a mount for the GoPro, fixed some wiring issues, threw all the shit that came with the K back into the car and put a fork in it. The K got a "Super Turbo" muffler earlier in the week.  The plan is to leave EARLY Sunday morming for a 1k mile Dash to Denver. I plan to take a picture every 5 seconds with the GoPro and make a time lapse movie of the trip....

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

I'm going to rig up a rear-facing time timelapse-camera mount for the Denver-Sears trip, so I can get shots of the press car I'll be driving.

Judge Phil wrote:

I'm going to rig up a rear-facing time timelapse-camera mount for the Denver-Sears trip, so I can get shots of the press car I'll be driving.

Cool! Should make for some interesting shots.  Do you have favorite software to make time lapse movies.  I played with Quicktime Pro which seemed to work OK.

Mike
Hong Norrth

Windows Movie Maker does fine for making timelapse movies. However, I don't want movies, just a handful of nice still photos.

Hopefully It catches interesting things having fallen off the K.

SeldomSeen wrote:

Hopefully It catches interesting things having fallen off the K.

Please be a stream of glitter and fabulousness.
Please be a stream of glitter and fabulousness.
Please, please, please be a stream of glitter and fabulousness...

291 (edited by autoxmike 2013-11-27 04:26 PM)

Shopping for the "K car trip from Hell" complete. Ventured into Madison today to put together a cheap set of tools, zip ties, Gorilla tape, etc from HF and Northern Tool. I THINK the K is ready. This Monday I made the 400 mile round trip from Sauk City to Chicago to finish up preparation & re-packing of the "Stuff that was in the back of the K".

Mike
Hong Norrth

Is there a passenger seat in the K now?

293 (edited by autoxmike 2013-11-27 05:26 PM)

Judge Phil wrote:

No - we didn't have any spare seat in Adam's shop.  If someone can have one waiting in Denver plus a welder I can fab up a seat mount and get one in before we head out from Denver.

Mike
Hong Norrth

autoxmike wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

No - we didn't have any spare seat in Adam's shop.  If someone can have one waiting in Denver plus a welder I can fab up a seat mount and get one in before we head out from Denver.

What, the pink bean bag chair is gone? Tragic.

autoxmike wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

What? The pink bean bag chair is gone? Tragic.

autoxmike wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Cool! Should make for some interesting shots.  Do you have favorite software to make time lapse movies.  I played with Quicktime Pro which seemed to work OK.

This was a 10 minute job in Premiere Pro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkpwvnc … e=youtu.be
That's running at 5 seconds/shot out of a Gopro and then playing back at 1 frame per shot, 60FPS pre-Youtubification.

I'll be bringing my Gopro and a set of mounts (rollcage mount, sticky type, etc.) to Sonoma as well. Depending on how many of these things are already dangling off the car, I might just set it up in the paddock to capture the shenanigans that are sure to arise out of this many crapcan-wranglers rallying around one car.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

A camera that catches the expression of those that pass by the K would be interesting

Mike
Hong Norrth

Specially after the K gets it's theme "intensification". (Gleefully awaiting).

its on the way!

Since the K car has had such epic adventures thus far I wanted to offer up the opportunity for one more.

If whomever is responsible for the K car around July (I'm led to believe no one owns her and she is her own free spirit with a series of mentally deranged care takers)  would be interested in running her in a 5 day banger rally I would like to personally offer a greatly reduced entry fee to the Asphault Adventures Saints to Sinners rally from July 3-7 traveling from St Louis to Las Vegas primarily along old rt 66.  http://asphaultadventures.com/wordpress/?p=861

Very few cars have survived life in Lemons as well as Banger rally duties so I wanted to give this old girl a chance to add to her resume.

If there are already plans to enter her in The Humidi TT the same weekend we fully understand and will miss her inclusion in our adventure but wanted to pay our respects by making the offer

This was discussed with Phil before posting and is not meant to shill our wares just to offer up a new challenge to this insane endeavor.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."