Topic: K Gets A Radio

Shut the front door.

Rumor has it we're getting a new radio.

Confirm w/ details. 

Por favor.

This space for rent.

Re: K Gets A Radio

I have a crappy Sony CD/radio unit I can donate to the K at the BFE. Got it out of an auction car 10 years ago.

I have a milk crate full of AM and AM/FM radios pulled from various clunkers over the years.  Want a monaural AM/FM unit from an '85 Chevette? An old 'Sparkomatic' cassette deck from the early cassette v. 8 track years? A genuine Kenford or Magnetbox unit?

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

I so hope we have time to put one in before we drive this beast 1000 miles, if not we'll take u up on that freebie Phil....

Right now we have more pressing issues, like an engine and some front suspension pieces and brakes and a wiring harness and seats and various other things....

Anybody that wants to practice their wrenching skills, college station is a great place to visit....

51 time Loser.

From Troy Hogan...

I am planning to go up to College Station this weekend to put the stuff in.

The package includes 2 Motorola P110, 4 watt UHF radios, a NASCAR short harness and accompanying stuff. I am planning to install a old school illuminated Pac Man style button for a PTT. Chris and I talked about a Staples Easy button but I never got one. I going to put an external antenna on the car and a battery eliminator on the radio in the car. I'll throw in a couple of helmet kits I hope get passed along with the car. Brandon shouldn't need the helmet kit.

I've got a bunch of speaker mics so I will include one of those too. May set one up with an earbud plug.

I thought I have a holster deal for the radio I can't find any now. The P110s are good radios, they pre-date the GP300s. The only drawback is the lack of a belt clip on the battery. Doesn't really matter in car but not so convenient for spotters. Maybe someone will come up with something.

Biggest problem with all this is I've been busy all week and have some orders to complete along with making all the stuff for the K.

I'll take some pics of the install. Hopefully they will have the car in good shape by the time I get there. I'll do what I can to help them with the car.

Troy

This space for rent.

radio?

San Diego --> Palm Beach.

No radio.

Spank wrote:

radio?

San Diego --> Palm Beach.

No radio.

And do you still hear the voices?

This space for rent.

Oh that radio .... I was talking about tunes, but its getting 2 ways as well....

51 time Loser.

I think I have an extra CB radio. If someone digs up an antenna, I'll donate the CB to the cause. You need a CB to find out where to buy West Coast turnarounds.

I have a CB antenna .....

51 time Loser.

We need co-phase to bounce the mountains.  And where are the photos of the current build?!!!1!

This space for rent.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18naroxjx6881jpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

All right, I'll bring a stereo and a CB radio to donate to the K-Car cause. I might even have a wired (plugs directly into radio's antenna jack) FM modulator to throw in, so 21st-century audio devices can be played through the radio via a 1/8" stereo jack.

I found a Uniden CB radio that I used in the Black Metal V8olvo back in 2008. It worked then, might still work now. Needs antenna + cable. Also dug up a couple of crappy car stereos (including the one that I used in the Junkyard Boogaloo Boombox) and a wired FM modulator to enable you to play your Zune on those 20-hour K-Car road trips. Also got some new bumper stickers for the K. Will bring all this stuff to the BFE next weekend.

Sweet. I've got an antenna and cable for the CB.

How'd u know I have a Zune ....?

51 time Loser.

I have a Dodge stereo that should slot right into the K. It's the take-out from my truck. I meant to bring it to Autobahn, but like literally 50% of everything I was trying to bring to that race, I forgot it. AM/FM/Cassette. Tape slot is broken, so effectively just AM/FM.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

someone give me an address to mail an older but functional cd player, plus a couple of 5" speakers. The CD player is a mororized face, and you have to help it up and down, but it works otherwise. I assume the factory antenna is still there?

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

I believe the factory antenna was deemed unsafe for racing at Gingerman and was removed.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

I'm bringing a functioning Sony CD player to give to the K at the BFE GP this weekend. As for the antenna, I recall it being removed at Gingerman because it was dangling by its cable-- not exactly a case of the Fun Police raining on the parade. If someone wants to invest $8 at U-Pull-&-Pay and get an 80s Chrysler antenna, that would be nice.

Judge Phil wrote:

I'm bringing a functioning Sony CD player to give to the K at the BFE GP this weekend. As for the antenna, I recall it being removed at Gingerman because it was dangling by its cable-- not exactly a case of the Fun Police raining on the parade. If someone wants to invest $8 at U-Pull-&-Pay and get an 80s Chrysler antenna, that would be nice.

Autozone usually has the universals on the shelf as well.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

The Petty Cash guys are bringing a couple of speakers and an antenna scavenged from their five E30 parts cars, so the K should have everything it needs for a complete (crappy) sound system waiting for it at the BFE. Does it still have side glass?

Yes, glass is all still intact.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Until some crackhead breaks in to steal your tape deck.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Team Sensory Assault wrote:

Until some crackhead breaks in to steal your tape deck.

First the NSX - then Phil's 8-Track.  Stop the world, I want to get off.

This space for rent.

OK, so your Tiny Tim CDs will sound great with all the windows rolled up.

Tested the Sony CD player I'm giving to the K. It works fine.