26 (edited by LeMonster 2013-06-03 06:37 PM)

Re: K vs BFE

Team Sensory Assault wrote:

Um, would that be the fuxed capacitor?  big_smile

<Rimshot>

Thank you, tip your waitress.   I'll be here all week!

X-args wrote:

Nah, you just weren't there to see the exploded capacitor on the ECU.

You will be reunited with the K soon...

firegremlin wrote:

I humbly eat my crow, good sir.

Win!

It all started with the alternator not charging, we thought we  wired it wrong, turns out we had it right all along it just wasn't getting the signal from the ECU to charge. Through rewiring anl looping things around we eventually got the ECU hot enough to complete its death spiral. Once we replaced it and put the wiring back where we started, it was all good.

We picked up a spare ECU at the Waco pick and pull on the way home.... just in case.

Once we got that sorted the engine ran flawlessly. Makes good power, runs about 200 water temp and sounds sweet! The new bigger brakes worked well. We had a big oil leak, which we fixed at the track and have a smaller one we will fix before the big drive to Cali. The things that kept us off track were all suspension related.  We'll get it all sorted in the next few weeks....

51 time Loser.

I hope someone gave you a CB antenna at the BFE, to go with the fine 1982-vintage CB radio I donated to the K.

Judge Phil wrote:

I hope someone gave you a CB antenna at the BFE, to go with the fine 1982-vintage CB radio I donated to the K.

I had one already.  Thanks for all the stuff. K will be nicely wired for sound....

51 time Loser.

Also,
Big thanks to everyone who helped out at BFE.... I'm not even sure which teams we borrowed various tools and things from.  But definitely Inglorious Bastards, Speed Holes, Petty Cash/Anton and everyone who offered advice and support .... you know who you are.

51 time Loser.

No worries big guy. We love pitting next to you guys no matter which ride you bring.

"WE MAY HAVE BEEN HASTY IN OUR MOTOR SELECTION"
Winner Judges Choice ECR 2011, Winner Heroic Fix 2012 TWS, Overly Realistic Automotive Journalist Replica Car ECR 2014,Winner Class B Gatorama MSR Houston 2014, $500.00 bucks baby!

I think you guys parked too close to The Bird. It amazes me at the amount of preparation we put into that car and something always finds a way to give us grief. We had a great time though. Met more super nice people. It was nice to see Spank again and reminisce about our hasty motor selection. You guys were workin hard on that K car. It was gratifying to see you get it on the track.

"WE MAY HAVE BEEN HASTY IN OUR MOTOR SELECTION"
Winner Judges Choice ECR 2011, Winner Heroic Fix 2012 TWS, Overly Realistic Automotive Journalist Replica Car ECR 2014,Winner Class B Gatorama MSR Houston 2014, $500.00 bucks baby!