Re: Great race!

X-args wrote:

The Panda BMW had at least one overly amped driver, (it's pretty hard to carve up anything as big as a Buick, but they did it) they were our (half-hearted) Curse choice, but then we lost the form before the deadline.

Thanks for being disorganized.

Any idea what time of day? I was driving Ling Ling during the start, and towards the end. In the future, come over to our pits afterwards and we can hug it out, or at least offer you a beer and help you fill out your curse ballot wink

BTW, we voted to crush Fantasy Junction. They put pig paint on their NASA 25Hrs of THunderHill car and seemingly fooled half the field. The curse was a bit of a let down for the adults in our crew, but the kids loved it.

To finish first, first you must finish. -Rick Mears
Pandamonium Racing

Ah, I should mention that the thing I liked most about this race, besides the competitors, track, and fact that our car didn't blow up, was that this race had no real choke points. The ThunderHill style chicanes lead to lots of bad decisions and stupidity. I didn't miss them at all.

To finish first, first you must finish. -Rick Mears
Pandamonium Racing

Yer welcome. Actually I think it got soaked during the '40 (oz) on the floor' penalty and I couldn't be arsed to wipe it off...
Plus we just didn't have the level of aggro that wanted your car crushed.
The rude pass happened going into the esses around 2:45. I think whoever was driving couldn't imagine the '64 Special being at the apex when it was, and it WAS a miss, so no body bag no foul.

The Fantasy Junction race car wasn't too brilliant in the end -219 laps for the cheating swine (flew) makes it OK by me as long as they don't bring it back.

+1000 for a clean track design without severe choke points (aside from the top o' the hill, but what can ya do...)

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

Full props for driving a VAN in Lemons. All I can say is LOWER is better. It's great to add rear stiffness like you did with the overload springs, but that added rear ride height was the last thing you needed for 'handling' (air quotes 'cause a Mopar minivan will never really handle), but you soldiered on in fine style and got WAY better by the end. If you use it again throw in some Grand Caravan rear springs and maybe lowering http://turbominivan.com/lower.htm for tips.

Great concept, cool paint job, and it didn't blow up like it shoulda.

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

Spy Vs Spy was an epic theme. Very well done, guys.

Also, I can't contain my man-crush on the Reno-Fernley race crew. Those guys put on a phenomenal show on all fronts. Plus, they "get" Lemons. Can't wait to race Reno again.

Eyesore Jay wrote:

Also, I can't contain my man-crush on the Reno-Fernley race crew. Those guys put on a phenomenal show on all fronts. Plus, they "get" Lemons. Can't wait to race Reno again.

Anyone know how to get a hold of the manager of the track?  We "donated" a bubble blower on Sunday between turn 10 and 12 that would be nice to get back smile

I should have put this in earlier, but a massive thank you to Jay and the Lemons crew for running such an excellent event, the judges for having a sense of humor, and to Reno/Fernley Race crew for doing a great job of keeping us safe while we had fun on their Track.

I'm pretty sure that some of the stations were on the inside of the track, so there was no relief for them over 8 hours of racing on Saturday. Imagine having to stay alert in the sun and heat for 8 hours while crapcans just keep on lapping fairly slowly.

Chotus! Chotus! Chotus! Chotus!

jimeditorial wrote:

The thought occurred to us, but the wrecker was very close ("Speedway Wreckers") and we had hopes of finding something that would fit under the hood..when we called ahead he said "come on down...ya I think we got one"  etc...and we knew we were the only Fiero out there. If I had had a little less tunnel vision at the time I could have realized that ANY rad will do and put out a plaintive wail....pathetic as that would be compared to the heroes around us changing long blocks and transmissions! I don't think the 80's themed  5.0 Mustang ever made it out, but a dozen guys wrenched it non-stop right to the checkers and kept their sense of humor....it all adds to the feel-good atmosphere.

Jim "Endo" Anderton

Team Pontihack @ Reno-Fernley 09

We got the engine buttoned up for the last 20 minutes of the race. Threw in the one driver that had 0 laps all weekend to finish the race so we could see the checkered flag at least.

Has anyone else ever seen a yellow, white, black flag combo? I think we have.

missed it by that much

Huey Newis and the Lose
Don't Start Believin'

Thanks for the props from the Spy vs. Spy crew. Can't wait till Buttonwillow. Cause were going to try and bring the Spy Vs. Spy up a notch. More Hyginx and possibly "The Grey Lady" Stay tuned.

35 (edited by Ottobon 2009-05-27 07:13 PM)

R554adi11at0rZz R 4 5SssSuUUuxXxo0oRrZ!!!

Great race, even when attempted with limited drive time (Serious)

36 (edited by RichVS 2009-05-28 11:19 AM)

My first Lemons and it was absolutely the best time I've ever had a motorsports event.   We can't wait to do it again, if you'll have us. (pppppplease?).

And uh.... apologies to anyone we scared up in the twisty sections.  There were a few times I identified with those nature videos you see of a bear trying to outrun a swarm of hungry mosquitos.
-Rich Von Sneidern, Road Crew Truck

http://web.me.com/bfreehill/Site/the_LeMons_Truck.html

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

One of your team members came up to me the day before the race and asked if you had to worry about the BS judging with your truck, I just started laughing.  We need to see more vehicles like yours in Lemons and it was obvious you guys had the letter and the spirit of the law on your side.  Nice work winning the Yank Tank trophy.

Team Oly Express
Current car - 1964.5 Plymouth Barracuda, Former car - Size Does Matter 1967 Plymouth Fury
07 IOE Winner Thunderhill, 12 IOE Winner Sears Pointless
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Team- … 4609354407

X-args wrote:

The Fantasy Junction race car wasn't too brilliant in the end -219 laps for the cheating swine (flew) makes it OK by me as long as they don't bring it back.

I didn't mind this car too much when I was able to pass them and stay ahead (for whatever reason).

X-args wrote:

+1000 for a clean track design without severe choke points (aside from the top o' the hill, but what can ya do...)

Hell yeah +1000!  But my teammates and I were just talking about the permanent "chicane" at the top of the hill: we loved it as most people over braked for it!   Of course, I say that from the perspective of our 1800 lbs race weight...  wink

OverStimulated wrote:

1800 lbs race weight...  wink

1800?  You guys are pigs!  I think ours is in the 1600's tongue

At least that was before we stuck a 40lb alternator on the trunk

Steve W wrote:

We at B-Team had a great race, and achieved everything we wanted to do. Most importantly, every team mate got a drive. We had put a lot of effort into the car, particularly the electrics, in the hope of avoiding the curse of the e30s, and it seemed to pay off.

Pit stops were fun. Maybe we should have practiced them.

At the end of Saturday we found ourselves dicing with Formula BMW for 6-7 laps, then, coming down the main straight, a CRX came out of the pits in front of us but about 30mph slower. We both saw our chance....

Sorry Carpet Pissers (26) you totally didn't deserve that black flag.

Dang, looks like frikkin spec E30 out there! Something must be done!!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Believe it or not, that car was was a $250 "I need to get it out of my garage today' car. When I bought it it had no oil or coolant in it.

We also have guy on the team who is awesome at painting with a roller smile

Chotus! Chotus! Chotus! Chotus!

42 (edited by OverStimulated 2009-05-29 03:26 PM)

FreeRange wrote:
OverStimulated wrote:

1800 lbs race weight...  wink

1800?  You guys are pigs!  I think ours is in the 1600's tongue

At least that was before we stuck a 40lb alternator on the trunk

Well, 1763 to be exact...

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/1MJ6ajvtLbt_FfkPLwD9Kw?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ248tOrzu6uJA&feat=directlink

Steve W wrote:

Believe it or not, that car was was a $250 "I need to get it out of my garage today' car. When I bought it it had no oil or coolant in it.

We also have guy on the team who is awesome at painting with a roller smile

Naw, I belive it.. its just that the bimmers are so much better at the same price than most of the junk we show up with that its well, I can't say unfair, just something...

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.