Topic: Amazing Results

I'm sitting back thinking about what the K-car has accomplished so far. With all the travel across the country and being handed off to different teams. It's been driven solo across half the country through a blistering heat wave and driven up the west coast to where it now sits. So I started thinking that all that is a pretty good accomplishment for a car of that vintage but then I thought about the actual race results so I looked them up. So far this year she's complete (unofficially) 902 racing laps and approximately 2,000 racing miles. Kinda brings a tear to my eye to see how far the old girl has come. K-it-forward people!

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Re: Amazing Results

One of my fondest moments from Gingerman:

The K sputters to life, belching a cloud of blue haze across the adjoining pit stalls.  Quick footwork by the pilot keeps a chain reaction of internal combustion going and the K slides into the paddock traffic for another stint of excitement.  The driver who most recently exited the car turns to the gentleman who spent the last five minutes trying to get two quarts of 45°F 20W50 into the block.

Driver (with a look of concern):  That sounds funny.

K (doing it's best impression of a mosquito fogging truck): BLAP-BLAP-BRRRRRAAAP-BLAP-cough-wheeze-BLAP

Driver (to the oil monkey): Is it supposed to sound like that?

Oil Chief (very calmly):  Nope, absolutely not.

As soon as the words "absolutely not" left Brent's mouth, he turned and walked away.  The driver stood there with a look of horror as he watched the K blunder towards the track.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

The K has already proven to be the least reliable race car in Lemons history, surpassing the mark set by the Subaru SVX we had at CMP.

Yet somehow will probably end up racing  the most miles of any car this year.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

yukadas wrote:

One of my fondest moments from Gingerman:

The K sputters to life, belching a cloud of blue haze across the adjoining pit stalls.  Quick footwork by the pilot keeps a chain reaction of internal combustion going and the K slides into the paddock traffic for another stint of excitement.  The driver who most recently exited the car turns to the gentleman who spent the last five minutes trying to get two quarts of 45°F 20W50 into the block.

Driver (with a look of concern):  That sounds funny.

K (doing it's best impression of a mosquito fogging truck): BLAP-BLAP-BRRRRRAAAP-BLAP-cough-wheeze-BLAP

Driver (to the oil monkey): Is it supposed to sound like that?

Oil Chief (very calmly):  Nope, absolutely not.

As soon as the words "absolutely not" left Brent's mouth, he turned and walked away.  The driver stood there with a look of horror as he watched the K blunder towards the track.

You should have seen the looks we got at tractor supply. I honestly don't remember concern for the engine. Ran great... ish. I do remember telling someone to ignore our pit/idle noise. Had to ride the brakes cuz it'd kick into 2nd and haul ass if you didn't. Fucker sounded mean to me and just wanted to meander around track like a badassmotherfucker.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tSoG wrote:

just wanted to meander around track like a badassmotherfucker.

You, sir, do not need a K car to accomplish that!

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

Just look at this beautiful machine... http://www.headonphotos.net/gallery/Lem … index.html

Hella Shitty Racing -- Premium Crapcan Racing since 2010!
- VOTE FORD
- Ferdinand the Bug (2x class C, 1x class B, IoE)
- Ferkel the Nein-11 (Org Choice, class C, Heroic Fix)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/stimpyvan/20130721_162926_zps31045a88.jpg

Following the K  on the highway was both  soul stirring and hilarious.  Even 100  yards behind it,  the exhaust note was so loud I couldn't hear my own engine.

I also spent the entire 20  mile trip thinking about passing opportunities.

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.