Topic: Friday Night In Sonoma? Arse Freeze

There are several teams coming up from SoCal, driving on Friday. Anyone have a suggestion for where to park Rv's and Haulers Friday night? Within an hour from the track would be nice.

Re: Friday Night In Sonoma? Arse Freeze

Last time at Sears, the track personnel allowed early arrivals to park in the lot above the pits.  This time may be different because it's Saturday morning as opposed to Thursday before 5pm.

Vallejo has Six Flags amusement park that's next to the highway leading to Sears.  It probably has a large parking lot.

There's a Wal Mart in American Canyon, 20 minutes away by GoogleMap. They're usually pretty cool with overnight RV parking so long as you buy some Good Value twinkees or something smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing '67 SIMCA GLS 1000
"The SIMCA 1000 rear engined saloon is not a car which is going to be remembered in years to come for any particular reason.... It is not startling for its beauty, innovating with its design or particularly fast, economic or comfortable. However, it has been successful for SIMCA, especially in France."
--SIMCA 1000 Owners Workshop Manual, J.H. Haynes, 1973

just saw this, who thinks this is going to be a cluster f*#^ if they plan to start tech Saturday morning?

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

With only 170 cars? Surely you jest.

"The SIMCA 1000 rear engined saloon is not a car which is going to be remembered in years to come for any particular reason.... It is not startling for its beauty, innovating with its design or particularly fast, economic or comfortable. However, it has been successful for SIMCA, especially in France."

We were just going to show up somewheres around 6ish on Friday and hopefully the Cadillac day or whatever it is will be done and they will park us up in the lot ablove the track. If not, we'll see you at Walmart in American Canyon!

2010 Arse-Sweat, Arse-Freeze, 2011 Sears Pointless, Arse-Sweat, Skankaway, Arse-Freeze, 2012 Sears Pointless, Arse-Sweat, Vodden, 2013 Sears Pointless, 10X Loser now!, Even More Pointless, Button Turrible, Vodden, Arse Freeze B Class winner!, 2014 Nasa Sprint, Sears Pointless 2014 IOE WINNER!

Can you imagine if everybody turns up at WalMart and makes the parking lot into a LeMons pre-party? Freaking awesome. Wouldn't even have to go far for beer.

better yet, why don't they just set up tech inspection in the wall mart parking lot?  they sell rollcage tubing and kill switches, right?

They should set up a "pre-tech" at like EGR in Sacramento and/or LeMons HQ in Emeryville for the nervous nellies or the newbies. Or maybe have separate tech lines for "returning idiots" with little/no changes to the car and "new idiots" for new builds or people who have made significant changes to the car that require extensive re-inspection.

Insurance company probably won't love that idea, though, as it implies less care may be used when looking over returning cars.

Chumpcar just asked if you did anything to the car and that was it , Didn't even look.

Lemons HQ should tech cars on trailer waiting in line or have you unload at top lot tech there and drive to paddock . Its going to be havock!!!

Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,LemonDemoCRX,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 dualley LEMONS LOGO TATTOO! 
Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER finally!
Fabrication Required Transport 925-382-1058 I move Lemons and build cage
EX K Captain at The Ridge and now til it burns to ground

Hey, it's LeMons racing. Just roll with the flow, cut out the negative waves man, see you at Walmart for the pre-race party.

Jackasic wrote:

just saw this, who thinks this is going to be a cluster f*#^ if they plan to start tech Saturday morning?

This was a contributing factor in us pulling out of the race.

The email also implied all the garages would be going up for auction, instead of just one for charity like last time. That put us out of the running.

We'll be there to party, point, laugh and spectate though. I'll be enjoying a nice lazy cup of coffee while YOU poor fools deal with the pit-roulette Saturday morning and jousting for space with the less-than-personable types. In the rain.

The upshot is all this might actually be good for my marriage. See you at Wallmart!!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

13 (edited by magpiemini 2013-10-09 01:01 PM)

NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN, ....

Can you tell I grew up in the Woodstock era?

I thought you were just a big fan of Blind Melon. If such a thing exists.

Sparky Pete wrote:

We'll be there to party, point, laugh and spectate though. I'll be enjoying a nice lazy cup of coffee while YOU poor fools deal with the pit-roulette Saturday morning and jousting for space with the less-than-personable types. In the rain.

Likewise.   Just being at a Lemons race does wonders for my mental state.   Even though it means I will miss two parties that weekend.

Sparky Pete wrote:

The upshot is all this might actually be good for my marriage.

Giving her back the engine for her MG might help too.   smile

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012

CowDriver wrote:
Sparky Pete wrote:

Likewise.   Just being at a Lemons race does wonders for my mental state.   Even though it means I will miss two parties that weekend.

Sparky Pete wrote:

The upshot is all this might actually be good for my marriage.

Giving her back the engine for her MG might help too.   smile

Touche'

IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Confirm the address of the Wal-mart we will be invading, just so everyone's on the same page

7011 Main St
American Canyon, CA 94503

Yes?

2010 Arse-Sweat, Arse-Freeze, 2011 Sears Pointless, Arse-Sweat, Skankaway, Arse-Freeze, 2012 Sears Pointless, Arse-Sweat, Vodden, 2013 Sears Pointless, 10X Loser now!, Even More Pointless, Button Turrible, Vodden, Arse Freeze B Class winner!, 2014 Nasa Sprint, Sears Pointless 2014 IOE WINNER!

That is the closest one I can find.. 

Walmart Supercenter

7011 Main St
American Canyon, CA 94503

Colin - Team Sex Pistons Craptain
5x losers - God Save R Spitfire
My Crappy Blog  FaceBook Page

The advantage of partying in the WallyWorld lot is that when you get too drunk your cohorts can haul your ass back to your tin can in a shopping cart!

Rumors abound, but:
Yep, "last time" or at least one or another event I've been to they put us up in the upper lot... problem is that the Friday booking is for a Cadillac press event - things might be different.
The front lot/gate of sears can accommodate abut 1/4 of the teams likely to show Friday night - IF they play nice. Maybe we'll stack up there like at T-hill.
Wally world allows overnight of "Self contained" RV's. Bring a bucket. Colin got the addie correct. That's the Vallejo north-on-12-off-of-37 wally world.

Tech. yeah. It's the season-ender - did you try and get it right at least SOME other race this year? They'll focus on career hooners and newbies. Your job is TO BE READY.
BS... yeah, be prepared to not spend a whole lotta time arguing. I bet your chances of laps and bigger classes is greater if you waste their time.

Garages? have heard nothing beyond the implication they'll be auctioned. Anyone?
Pit spaces? T-hill finally got into marking stalls before our idiots got in, perhaps Sonoma will do same this time. They weren't bad last time. The log-jam will be at the gate!

Weather? there will be some, provided the sun doesn't blow up. Rain-x, wipers, heat - and layers -  that general week's record low was in '72@17f (on the 9th), high was in  '88@73f - average is more like 55-60 day, 38 night. December is Sonoma's wettest month with ~6" avg.
Cold and probably wet.

What Mike just said.

But I gotta admit, I realize the posted schedule is impossible to adhere to even if HQ does not.  I sympathize with all of you huddled masses in the WalMart parking lot but alas will not be joining you for this one... Hoping for a saner Sonoma race weekend sometime in the Spring.

Technical support for Team Audi Style Racing '82 Audi Coupe #820 BW '10 Sears '11 twice Reno '11
IOE Winner... Super Snipe- Team Tinworm BW '12!!!
OMG Racing '94 Benz S500 #140: Chuckwalla '12 Sears Pointless '13+More Pointless too BW '13 Pointless '14
(Class C driver of a Class B car. Oh wait, B with penalty laps...)

So I was talking with a friend regarding the Walmart parking lot situation and he said that most of the stores in the bay area do not allow overnights. Did a little googlin and looks like they will not let us stay at the Walmart in American Canyon sad Anyone have a plan B?

http://www.allstays.com/c/walmart-calif … ations.htm

One of our co-team members lives on a street right near the Wallyworld... I'm certain her neighbors would find it a certain kind of humorous if we al lined up at her house. I'll ask! hahaha.
Emc28 big-bang theory explodamatic BMW owner.

cdickman12 wrote:

So I was talking with a friend regarding the Walmart parking lot situation and he said that most of the stores in the bay area do not allow overnights. Did a little googlin and looks like they will not let us stay at the Walmart in American Canyon sad Anyone have a plan B?

http://www.allstays.com/c/walmart-calif … ations.htm

Pretend we never saw your post!!

Guys, if I may chime in: I used to live in Petaluma, and if I were RVing, I would consider this:

http://koa.com/campgrounds/san-francisco/

Petaluma is really quite close to Sears, and much better selection of restauraunts, etc. than American Canyon (though AC does have the advantage of being near Hwy 80).

For what its worth, some free advice.

~ Bill

I live 15 minutes from the track, so....

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports