Re: Real Hoopties of NJ 2014 - Who's in?

FastFan wrote:

Allowing passengers on practice days is a great idea.

Great, so I think the more of us that ask for this and explain how we are allowed to do it at other tracks the greater chance they will allow it. Instead of  the way it was last year.

It seems that these decisions are usually made at the very local level. And of course Lemon's HQ has nothing to do with the test day.

Although at this point I guess I should be concentrating on getting my car ready.

And stirring the sauce.

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

getting the car ready? madness. There are still weeks to go.

Our engine is rebuilt, but I didn't do it. A friend wanted to learn about engines, so i told him to come up and I'd have him rebuild our engine. I think everything went well. I even made him sign the engine when he was done.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/11895_394189844056252_1605803379195078270_n.jpg

I think i got lucky with our transmission. I thought we had killed the shift fork pads, until someone on the dodge forum told me to check my shifter cables. sure enough the one that sits closer to the exhaust has a section with melted jacketing, and the cable is damaged. So when you pull the cable (odd gears) it's ok, but when you push (even gears) the cable spreads and doesn't move the trans linkage enough. Grabbing a new cable and hoping that really solves it.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Late to this thread, but Fully Torqued Racing will be there...

The Swedish Mafia 245 moved under it's own power yesterday, so we're ready to get ready.

Swedish Mafia Volvo 245 #230

105 (edited by RThodal 2014-04-16 07:29 PM)

ealinn wrote:

The Swedish Mafia 245 moved under it's own power yesterday, so we're ready to get ready.

Grooming the mustache on the headlight?

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-16-2014/Vox2FW.gif

Team Rust in The Wind #301
1987 Nissan 300zx 2.3L Saab Turbo
https://www.facebook.com/RustinTheWind24HOL

Less than intelligent question #1: What are some Lemoney speeds that Thunderbolt will see, slower(driver) A car.

#2 Spectators are allowed to camp as well...?

Thanks Ross

RC413 wrote:

Less than intelligent question #1: What are some Lemoney speeds that Thunderbolt will see, slower(driver) A car.

#2 Spectators are allowed to camp as well...?

Thanks Ross

Speed: We have a 325e that we have topped out over 100.  This video is our Lemons car at a track day: http://youtu.be/F8DB2dsW-ZY

I've never seen anyone check wristbands once someone is in paddock.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Oh Hell yeah.  Lock up your women folk 'cuz they're not going to be able to resist...

Also, can we have a gentleman's agreement to REALLY REALLY TRY  to NOT to smash into each other like at NHMS in the Fall?  I can personally attest to the fact that we were contacted by individuals who didn't give a rat's ass if they hit people or not.  We don't know about you, but we don't think "rubbin's racin'".  If you want to do that, run Saturday Night NASCAR short track...

Swedish Mafia
#230 Volvo 245-the blue one!

DanSamodai wrote:

Oh Hell yeah.  Lock up your women folk 'cuz they're not going to be able to resist...

Also, can we have a gentleman's agreement to REALLY REALLY TRY  to NOT to smash into each other like at NHMS in the Fall?  I can personally attest to the fact that we were contacted by individuals who didn't give a rat's ass if they hit people or not.  We don't know about you, but we don't think "rubbin's racin'".  If you want to do that, run Saturday Night NASCAR short track...

Actually, I run Saturday Night short track, and everyone I know there REALLY REALLY TRIES to NOT smash into each other.  There are a couple of exceptions, but it's not that much different from Lemons.  Actually, the biggest difference is that it's self-policing at the short track.  One of the biggest reasons people DON'T smash into each other is that next time you might be the smashee.

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

Test drove the Fireball Integra for the first time today:

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa419/fritzpatti/IMG_20140426_172940_093_zpsbc4bdc11.jpg

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa419/fritzpatti/IMG_20140426_172805_4211_zps6dadd764.jpg

Yeah, lots of work to do

Fritz

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24

I guess it's time to pull the tarp off the Chevette eh? Damn did this come up quick.

Maximum Efforts Motorsports
Mid-Engine Chevette
S-10 incoming...

To start the race weekend off early we swapped our transmission out yesterday, seems 4th gear decided it did not want to be part of Team Farfrumwinnin anymore.

This is transmission #6.  fucking car........

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Take our spot.

Our team can't make the race due to family issues. If you were wait listed and still want to run email nick at hq and tell him you want our spot.

You can pm me as well.

Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamDeathrace

This ain't a parade folks, it's a race.

Anyone know if the event garages have shop air as well, or should I lug my compressor?

RogueLeader wrote:

To start the race weekend off early we swapped our transmission out yesterday, seems 4th gear decided it did not want to be part of Team Farfrumwinnin anymore.

Is that any early start on I got screwed or Heroic fix?

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

At this point in time, the FOX is likely to earn Tom the "Haven't you learned by now" or "Epitomy of Insanity" awards.

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
FOR SALE! '68 Ford Cortina - BUY ME HERE!
'04 Mitsu in the works
BlackmavenMotorsports on Facebook

racinrob wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:

Is that any early start on I got screwed or Heroic fix?

Could go either way you never know with us

WarpdSpazm wrote:

At this point in time, the FOX is likely to earn Tom the "Haven't you learned by now" or "Epitomy of Insanity" awards.

I need my head examined

Anyone know how many cars are expected? Emails say full up, so must be more than the 139 last year.

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

Someone asked about air in the garages and I never saw a response.  Do we need to bring a compressor?

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

squidrope wrote:

Someone asked about air in the garages and I never saw a response.  Do we need to bring a compressor?

I don't recall there being air drops in our garage.  I recommend bringing your air compressor.

Nick
Focke Ewe racing -> Muttonheads! Racing -> Torque Junkies
86ish VW GTI...now with TDI Powah!

zebrabeefj40 wrote:
squidrope wrote:

I don't recall there being air drops in our garage.  I recommend bringing your air compressor.

Great thanks!

zebrabeefj40 wrote:
squidrope wrote:

definitely bring a compressor.  They have one compressor with one hose for airing tires in the event garages.  Nothing for running your earsplitting die grinder at 3am Sunday morning though.

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

gtopat wrote:

Anyone know how many cars are expected? Emails say full up, so must be more than the 139 last year.

Good reason to have a few more east coast races...

Drdanteiii wrote:
zebrabeefj40 wrote:
squidrope wrote:

definitely bring a compressor.  They have one compressor with one hose for airing tires in the event garages.  Nothing for running your earsplitting die grinder at 3am Sunday morning though.

Yeah I remember that well too.  Sleeping in the garage bay   not the best idea ,  Ear Plugs were though.

Red Lemons Racing wrote:
gtopat wrote:

Good reason to have a few more east coast races...

Talking to HQ this past weekend - 160+ .  O.o

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.