Topic: Compressing in car video

Anybody know how to compress camcorder mpg's? I shot a bunch of video from our Fiero and want to E-mail it to the rest of the team...

Thx

Jim Anderton
Team Pontihack @ Reno-Fernley 09

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

2 (edited by bongle 2009-05-26 05:28 PM)

Re: Compressing in car video

(Disclaimer: I work for Sony).

You could download a 30-day trial of Sony Vegas from here.

Start vegas, then drag your video from windows explorer into Vegas.

How to save
1) Go to file->render as...
2) Beside "save as type", choose Windows Media Video V9
3) Beside template, choose 512kbps video
4) Choose a file to save to and save!  If you find it to be too fuzzy or small, try a different template.

Optional Touches:
-If you've got a bunch of files, just drag all of them in, and you'll be able to save them as a single file.
-Once the videos are in, you can also drag the ends of the video to crop what portions of the video you actually save
-------------------------------------------
Sony option #2: Burn a DVD

1) Get DVD Architect from here
2) Start it and drag your videos onto the default thing it creates
3) Burn a DVD.  I don't work on this project often so I don't remember the exact steps, but I've done it before and I'm pretty sure it is really easy.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

Re: Compressing in car video

Another option that I know less about, but is more geared towards a novice at video editing is Windows Movie Maker.  Go to start->programs->accessories, and start Windows Movie Maker.  You're on your own as far as figuring out how to convert your video, but it should be fairly easy.  They probably have a wizard or something to help you at converting your camcorder files.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)