1 (edited by NSF 2014-07-08 09:18 AM)

Topic: Sebring raced at Sebring For sale $1200

We raced this thing on a dare.   It ran almost all weekend.  The starter shorted out on a fuel stop and cost us the race on Saturday.  We replaced the starter with a Discount Auto Parts one.  It ran cool and clean Sunday.  No issues.  All you will need to race it again is a seat and belts.   It ran 98 MPH in the straights.   The bakes still work and the engine. 2.5 V-6, never even got hotter than mid range on the thermostat.  98K Miles
  All the electronics - lights, blinkers and wipers work.  The radio still works too!
http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LFL14/071-UG-Sebring-IMG_1583.jpg

Perfect LeMons starter car.

This space for rent.

Re: Sebring raced at Sebring For sale $1200

I actually had a lot of fun driving ours around.  When it started to get loose it was pretty easy to get it back under control and stay on the track.

The nationwide junkyard parts availability for the Sebring is better than any car I can think of (except for the Taurus/Sable, of course). That's a big plus for a LeMons car. The Sebrings actually performed better than I thought they would last weekend, so it may turn out that one could be a halfway decent Class C or B LeMons car.

Agreed.  We wholly expected to scrap this pig after the race.  Wow what a surprise.  My guys actually liked it and we are only selling it to make room at NSFIRHQ.

We kept it all street legal so if wanted you can get a tag for it and drive it around the country &  pass it from team to team.

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

Agreed.  We wholly expected to scrap this pig after the race.  Wow what a surprise.  My guys actually liked it and we are only selling it to make room at NSFIRHQ.

We kept it all street legal so if wanted you can get a tag for it and drive it around the country &  pass it from team to team.

That is a SILLY idea.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

NSF wrote:

drive it around the country &  pass it from team to team.

Never mind. Crush it!

Sebring it Forward! (I'll take it to CMP)

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

"Se-bring it on!"

TTFN
Toni

#100 Buick Century: 9 laps and counting
Last place lap runner at Gator-O-Rama '14

The clock is ticking. I'm going to have the cage cut out and scrap it 

Aug 1st.  -   Last chance.

This space for rent.