Topic: Good Morning America: UPDATE--SATURDAY

I kept hearing rumors of the Good Morning America film crew being at the track at Reno...  Judges have any details?  I also HEARD it was going to air on the weekend edition on Saturday?

Can anyone confirm / deny this?

UPDATED: Lemons ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA
I agree: The mind reels. But assuming you're not too hungover to bother, check out the Lemons feature on ABC's Good Morning America tomorrow (Saturday, May 30th). The Lemons segment should air 25 or 30 minutes into the show. (Which starts, by definition, hella early most places--check your local listings.)--Nick

Re: Good Morning America: UPDATE--SATURDAY

Well, we did get interviewed by a crew claiming to be from GMA, but all we did was fulminate about "stinkin' cheaters" the whole time.

The GMA rumors are true....no concrete word on the schedule yet. Was supposed to be this coming weekend, we'll keep you posted.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Well, we did get interviewed by a crew claiming to be from GMA, but all we did was fulminate about "stinkin' cheaters" the whole time.

I would expect nothing less!  We're just hoping to see some finger pointing on national TV smile

We Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys were interviewed and hope to make the final cut!  I think they liked that we had dumbly entered a French car instead of doing something smart like finding a Mopar A body or S10 Blazer.

Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey - Peugeot 505 turbeaux
http://startinggrid.org/

FreeRange wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

I would expect nothing less!  We're just hoping to see some finger pointing on national TV smile

Ahem -- I also complained that I was forced to WATCH Good Morning America during breakfast on the way up to Reno and how completely awful it was. I believe it went something like this, "American Idol Controversy? Really? Two wars, national media and you're worried about American Idol part Pi??!?"

The lady was none too thrilled

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Bret wrote:

I think they liked that we had dumbly entered a French car instead of doing something smart like finding a Mopar A body or S10 Blazer.

Why haven't we seen a Mopar A body yet? Size Matters runs a C body and the Faster Farms Chickens drove out from Arkansas in a B body, but no A to be seen in Lemons.

No A-Bodies yet?  Hmmm...

Team Oly Express
Current car - 1964.5 Plymouth Barracuda, Former car - Size Does Matter 1967 Plymouth Fury
07 IOE Winner Thunderhill, 12 IOE Winner Sears Pointless
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Team- … 4609354407

9 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-05-29 12:00 PM)

rocketresto wrote:

No A-Bodies yet?  Hmmm...

As I'm sure you know, it's totally possible to build a 318-powered 4-door Valiant for 500 bucks. You could even fit a 3-speed manual into the budget. Maybe some prospective teams now considering yawn-worthy Celicas and Fox Mustangs might consider such a car instead.

However, if a bunch of serious Mopar experts showed up with such a car- I'm not naming any names here- we might need some convincing about the "smog 318" under the hood. In fact, we might even look up head casting numbers and such, depending on how lazy we feel at the time.

This just in:

Lemons ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA
I agree: The mind reels. But assuming you're not too hungover to bother, check out the Lemons feature on ABC's Good Morning America tomorrow (Saturday, May 30th). The Lemons segment should air 25 or 30 minutes into the show. (Which starts, by definition, hella early most places--check your local listings.)

oh god, theres probably gonna be a shot of my team dancing like fools, isn't there.

Huey Newis and the Lose
Don't Start Believin'

Please let le Stig and the Surrender Monkeys (especially the one in costume) make the cut!

Some say he's more concerned about the trim of his mustache than driving, and that he bleeds when he hears Flemish.  All I know is he's called le Stig!

Bret wrote:

Please let le Stig and the Surrender Monkeys (especially the one in costume) make the cut!

Some say he's more concerned about the trim of his mustache than driving, and that he bleeds when he hears Flemish.  All I know is he's called le Stig!

Love the gorilla suit smile  Way to make the cut!

We had a 5 second close-up as well smile

Yeah!  That was pretty cool.  Wish they had gotten le Stig and the rest of the gang in the shot.  Glad I didn't sound like too much of a dumb-ass.  (wait, I was in a gorilla suit, sitting on a Peugeot...)

here's the link from the ABC site in case you didn't make it up:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/story … amp;page=1

The B-Team made the cut too!

The Pussy Wagën rides again,
one of Kill Phils crazy 88's
The B-Team

haha... our video of the Camaro sounding like a diesel and pooring water out of one of the exhaust ports made the segment.

Awesome, we made the main thumbnail!

I like to say that those 2 cars behind Jay are some fine machines !  and the car she gets to drive!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

hahaaha-  classic we made the footage getting towed off the track

I'm disappointed that the Spy Vs Spy guys didn't get an appearance.

MurileeMartin wrote:

I'm disappointed that the Spy Vs Spy guys didn't get an appearance.

I'm just disapointed

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Jonny

What would you expect fro GMA that isn't disapointing?

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

btp76 wrote:

Jonny

What would you expect fro GMA that isn't disapointing?

Excellent point

And you're just mad you didn't get a speaking role.

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

btp76 wrote:

And you're just mad you didn't get a speaking role.

Right.

My life is now uncomplete