Topic: Goin' For Broken Über Gallery now live

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/05/Uber_Gallery_Lead_PhoneyExpress-804px.jpg

Now that Gawker's Hungarian IT guys have fixed the gallery thumbnail problems, it's possible to view the traditional post-race Lemons Uber Gallery on Jalopnik. Vast quantities of race photos for your enjoyment. Thanks to everyone who helped with photography at Reno-Fernley!

Re: Goin' For Broken Über Gallery now live

Awesome cover picture there, especially the black car in the background smile

Fish wrote:

Oh yes, the 300CheatsWeMissed ZX

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Yay!  Found some great shots of our car (#17, Bunny With A Pancake On Its Head) in there.  Thanks to all of the shooters.

TST, fool.

It's a Bunny.  With a pancake.  On its head.  Really, is it that tough?

casadelshawn wrote:

Yay!  Found some great shots of our car (#17, Bunny With A Pancake On Its Head) in there.  Thanks to all of the shooters.

This is one of my favorite shots. How often do you see two racing VWs with bunny faces in the same photograph?

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2009/05/medium_3580116206_2a3ec887cf_o.jpg

6 (edited by Fish 2009-06-01 06:47 PM)

Judge Jonny wrote:
Fish wrote:

Oh yes, the 300CheatsWeMissed ZX

hahah what did ya miss?? Maybe missed us in the winners circle huh? Thats what next race is for!! A Z will finish in the top 5 damnit!!

I just noticed the Bunny pic also is pretty cool, especially the car in the background hahah.

We were a little weirded out by the Golf running the Rabbit theme, but we figure that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so meh.

TST, fool.

It's a Bunny.  With a pancake.  On its head.  Really, is it that tough?

Fish wrote:

A Z will finish in the top 5 damnit!!

So far the best Z performances have been CC Canada (300ZX, 8th at Lemons South '08), Z-Wrecks (280ZX, 9th at Lemons Gator-O-Rama '09), Black Sheep racing (300ZX, 9th at Lemons South Spring '09), and Low Budget Racing (280ZX, 10th at Lemons Gator-O-Rama '09).

We've seen the entire sub-$500 Z spectrum, from 240Z to 300ZX, and they just haven't done anywhere near as well as you'd expect rear-drive/6-cylinder Japanese cars to do. No consistent pattern of failures, either; they mostly break down, but don't seem to have one major weak point. Maybe it's just random luck.

Weirder is how poorly Nissans of any sort have fared; the best so far was the Krider Racing Sentra SE-R, which came in 5th at Thunderhill '07. I think the problem has been the lack of Datsun 810s and Nissan Pulsars!

We are planning on fielding a 280Z at the Lamest Day.  Maybe we can change the luck of the Datsun and score a top finish.  Of course, this is our first Lemons race, so we will not have the experience on our side.

"Dawn of the Zed Racing"

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

our z spent more time in the pits than it did on the track- honestly every occourance was self inflicted-  THe hideous hood scoop we built was working so good the fan couldnt get air through the radiator causing it to over heat.  THat split a hose which we found in town.  THen we had an electircal short because of some shotty handywork-  And I did the honors blowing up the clutch-  Hey it was the only way to slow the thing down-  the brakes were just going to the floor!  Needless to say it wasnt the fastest car out there but it could be competative.

MurileeMartin wrote:

I think the problem has been the lack of Datsun 810s and Nissan Pulsars!

Maybe the Sportbak is key!

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

1320Turners wrote:

Hey it was the only way to slow the thing down-  the brakes were just going to the floor!

What were you using for brakes?  I have heard from others that the Z brakes are great for Lemons with proper linings and fluid.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

1320Turners wrote:

our z spent more time in the pits than it did on the track- honestly every occourance was self inflicted-  THe hideous hood scoop we built was working so good the fan couldnt get air through the radiator causing it to over heat.  THat split a hose which we found in town.  THen we had an electircal short because of some shotty handywork-  And I did the honors blowing up the clutch-  Hey it was the only way to slow the thing down-  the brakes were just going to the floor!  Needless to say it wasnt the fastest car out there but it could be competative.

Aw its the people who were talking all the smack prior to the race about how you were going to PIT us smile good times!!

We are coming back with a vengeance at Buttonwillow and are going to prove that it is possible for a Z to finish higher than 8th place!! We got close at Reno with an hour to go being in 6th place before the curse hit us lol. Junkyard motor from Ecology half off weekend sale this weekend will prevail!!

we opted not to spend any money on brakes-  the factory ones were ok but we were all downshifting hard to slow the card down-  I cant speak for all the guys but i can break a crow bar in a sand box.  Weve never done anything like this, as you can imagine we learned alot-

hhaha- count us in for team z-  We actually never made contact with anyone-  It sounded like fun before we got on the track but doing 80+ sided by side was a different story