Topic: bshorey, top notch guy!

I just wanted to post a public thank you to super-firendly-and-helpful-forum-member Bshorey.

A couple months back, after one of my worst decisions to date, he offered to not only retrieve, but store my latest Lemons project, a 1986 TVR Tasmin 280i.

I had put the car on uShip in order to get it out of his yard, and the (useless) shipper that "won" the job was a complete a$$clown, we set off on New Years eve to make the run from Victoria BC, to Gilroy Ca.

So after a great visit and a tour of the Alpha Romeo Race HQ, we loaded up our bad decision and headed north.

Again, HUGE thank you to a great guy!

Sean

Silversleeves Racing https://www.facebook.com/groups/487324281329732
Ford/Lotus Cortina #41, Austin Mini #42, MG1100 #44, Barbie's Corvette #44, Mazda Miata #48, Austin 1800 #49

Re: bshorey, top notch guy!

swindrum wrote:

I just wanted to post a public thank you to super-firendly-and-helpful-forum-member Bshorey.

A couple months back, after one of my worst decisions to date, he offered to not only retrieve, but store my latest Lemons project, a 1986 TVR Tasmin 280i.

I had put the car on uShip in order to get it out of his yard, and the (useless) shipper that "won" the job was a complete a$$clown, we set off on New Years eve to make the run from Victoria BC, to Gilroy Ca.

So after a great visit and a tour of the Alpha Romeo Race HQ, we loaded up our bad decision and headed north.

Again, HUGE thank you to a great guy!

Sean

I'm blushing.  Thanks for the kind words!  If you can find it in your heart to forgive me for my rude Barbie comments, I'll forgive you for misspelling Alfa...

I can't wait to see that thing on the track.  I think it could be a surprise.

bs

Photato/Fotahto... tongue

I was just giving you the gears about the Barbie comments, it's all good.

Ford/Lotus Cortina #41, Austin Mini #42, MG1100 #44, Barbie's Corvette #44, Mazda Miata #48, Austin 1800 #49

A Lemons TVR? Hooray!

Styling of the TVR was by Oliver Winterbottom.
Seriously?

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,Winner class A The Ridge, 2022
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015

chdonley2 wrote:

Seriously?

Really? Sounds like a character from Harry Potter .

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.

Judge Phil wrote:

A Lemons TVR? DOMINATION Awaits!!

You spelled that wrong...

swindrum wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

A Lemons TVR? DOMINATION Awaits!!

You spelled that wrong...

Sean,

You need to tell everybody what came with the car.  Not the candles, or the Sesame Street guitar, the other stuff..

bs

I guarantee that the $500 MY ASS!!!1!!! crowd is going to get brain bubbles when they find out about a Lemons TVR. So we also need a Lemons Esprit Turbo. Budget exemption for Esprit Turbos!

Judge Phil wrote:

I guarantee that the $500 MY ASS!!!1!!! crowd is going to get brain bubbles when they find out about a Lemons TVR. So we also need a Lemons Esprit Turbo. Budget exemption for Esprit Turbos!

Right up until they see it... I am almost surprised I drove 1800 miles to get this thing, almost.

Judge Phil wrote:

Didn't Sasha and the Spudnik gang pick up a fire damaged one a couple of years ago?

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

So I received word from Silversleeves "Racing"'s Seattle division, they were working on the TVR today and after cleaning out the sludge from the fuel tank and going over the Bosche Jet-Tronic fuel injection, and sorting out the electrical, they turned the key, the engine spun over AND...

Nothin' , nada, butkiss... Shocking

I'm sure it is just saving all of its best engine-ing for the inevitable DOMINATION!

Also, they put the car up on the lift, apparently, someone had sawzalled through some of the chassis legs in what was most likely an attempt to remove the Jaguar rear end. The nerve...

We all know that the key to winning in Lemons is MOAR JAG PARTS!
I'm talking to you, Transcontinental Drifters. smile

swindrum wrote:

So I received word from Silversleeves "Racing"'s Seattle division, they were working on the TVR today and after cleaning out the sludge from the fuel tank and going over the Bosche Jet-Tronic fuel injection, and sorting out the electrical, they turned the key, the engine spun over AND...

Nothin' , nada, butkiss... Shocking

I'm sure it is just saving all of its best engine-ing for the inevitable DOMINATION!

Sean,

Did you ensure that the supplemental fuel pump wiring, you know, the wire that runs over the top of the car across the cockpit, is functional?

bs

I highly recommend using a jerrycan of gas for test-firing the motor while you're getting the original tank boiled at a radiator shop. I wouldn't trusty myself and any Home Depot grade chemicals to clean it. The longer a tank and gas sits, the more it gums up. Rust particles collect. You'll find them in your fuel filter very quickly afterward. Been there, done that. (Also, ask 3PM and their Citroen smile).

Hella Shitty Racing -- Premium Crapcan Racing since 2010!
- VOTE FORD
- Ferdinand the Bug (2x class C, 1x class B, IoE)
- Ferkel the Nein-11 (Org Choice, class C, Heroic Fix)

MikeZilla wrote:
chdonley2 wrote:

Seriously?

Really? Sounds like a character from Harry Potter .

Or a relative of Frosty's, which may or may not mean this has unobtanium V8 Supercars parts. CHEATURZZ!1!!

(J/K. This is AWESOME.)

So, the latest report out of the PNW, is that out mechanical fuel injection wizard has disassembled the system and has deemed it FUBARed, no big deal, it is supposedly Ford Cologne V6 and cheap and plentiful. Uh, nope...
Apparently TVR used the same fuel injection as, wait for it, DeLorean!
There is no way we can lose, please, Judge Phil, with Delorean and Jaguar parts, go easy on the penalty laps and we will try not to DOMINATE too much.

Pictures! The Working (on Cars) Classes Need Pictures!

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

I am an international border, a ferry crossing, and a 3 hour drive away, sadly I can only report what my American team mates tell me, I will ask for photos...

I can talk them into getting terrible cars, just not into photographing them.

I appreciate and understand your sadness. Damn non-image recording Yanks!

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

21 (edited by sah298 2016-01-26 11:44 PM)

swindrum wrote:

So, the latest report out of the PNW, is that out mechanical fuel injection wizard has disassembled the system and has deemed it FUBARed, no big deal, it is supposedly Ford Cologne V6 and cheap and plentiful. Uh, nope...
Apparently TVR used the same fuel injection as, wait for it, DeLorean!
There is no way we can lose, please, Judge Phil, with Delorean and Jaguar parts, go easy on the penalty laps and we will try not to DOMINATE too much.

Do you have this?  Might be able to hack something together with similar parts?  Especially if it's K or L Jetronic.
http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/Catalogues … ations.pdf

If you have L Jetronic, and you work all the way to the end of the diagnostic table to "Test with known good ECU"  (yeah, I have one sitting around for an 88 Saab), then these guys might have something.  Our rebuilt ECU with warranty was $95.
http://programainc.com/

The bad ECU must have been what sent my Saab into storage under a tree for a few years, but in the meantime tank, injectors, lines were all crudded up.  Thankfully, plastic tank!  Good luck!

Formula None
Because Saab Turbos have too much power
Inexplicably OC @ Humidi TT 2014

Isn't the TVR V6 K-jet (CIS)?

Give Larry at CIS Flowtech a call. Those fuel distributors and WUR or EHA setups are eerily similar. Guy worked wonders on a 380SL and a Bentley Turbo R for me (Ok, Bentley wasn't mine, long story) and I'm sure can help with any version of that setup...

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

23 (edited by CPT_Trans_Continental 2016-01-27 09:46 AM)

swindrum wrote:

Also, they put the car up on the lift, apparently, someone had sawzalled through some of the chassis legs in what was most likely an attempt to remove the Jaguar rear end. The nerve...

We all know that the key to winning in Lemons is MOAR JAG PARTS!
I'm talking to you, Transcontinental Drifters. smile

It is my professional opinion, that Lemons racing will eventually evolve into SPEC JAGWHATEVER, as all other manufacturers parts will be consumed and all that will be left are a bunch of Salisbury rearends and over-engineered 22 degree slant sixes. Anyone who is an early adopter, is automatically running for the SPEC JAGROADWARRIOR trophy to be given at the completion of the Apocalypse. I'm talking to you, Grumpy Cat.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

C_T_C, if you hear of another cheap Jag (preferably running) that I can drive home to Victoria and transform into the 13glcoat (*13th greatest Lemons Car of all Time)

Ok, maybe not even the top 100 greatest Lemons car of all time, but I have a car that is yearning to have a jag drivetrain. NOT the TVR..

Any year preference? Carbs, EFI, Lucus, Non-Ford? I will start posting more Jags on the for sale page. bshorey, top notch guy! (thread highjack) Meet me over in the JAGWHATEVER thread.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook