Topic: Custom Tow Vehicle

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/5401870712.html

You know you want it. It's just the turning radius you have to worry about.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Re: Custom Tow Vehicle

It's magnificent!

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

Hope it has good tires, with 14 to replace that would eat into racecar money real fast.
Still want

Kind of makes sense that it's a Bonneville tow vehicle.  Not many paddocks have enough space for that to navigate within.  You'd have to be the first one in and last one out.  That bed cover looks like sheet metal and even if you could put a car up there, the car would need to be sorta narrow to fit within a stepside.  This kinda looks like an automotive version of RuPaul.  Interesting to look at but not something you'd want to drive.

Yeah, I'm a pragmatic dreamkiller mother effer.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

5 (edited by BigPaul 2016-01-28 05:01 PM)

Once I get settled and really start working on my Lemon I was thinking of going the school bus route. Several teams in the 4 cyl Dirt Track class in Texas bought surplus school buses for about $1500 - $2500 and then either made the back 2/3rds for the car with a ramp or completely cit off the back 2/3rds of the body and made a flatbed surface.

Both ways, with a 96 passenger bus, you still have about 13 feet of space to put frig, stove, seats/beds. There were some really nice ones.

Save on hotel and food.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/87/45/65/874565a76a61a2b123e387f2f84a8dfe.jpg

The skoolie has been a dream of ours for many years. I'm sure we would've done it by now except for the lack of between-race storage at our disposal.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.