Re: I just took Ambien and it's doing nothing. AMA.

Guildenstern wrote:

That's the catch, my current "i have money and am actually interested" team member isn't into the costumes so much.

Balsac the Jaws of Death isn't a bad option for the bashful. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balsac_the_Jaws_of_Death

I sang "Springtime for Hitler" for an arrive-and-drive, though. Any arguments about appropriateness are invalid, and I would also like some spätzle right about now.

ninjacoco wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

That's the catch, my current "i have money and am actually interested" team member isn't into the costumes so much.

Balsac the Jaws of Death isn't a bad option for the bashful. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balsac_the_Jaws_of_Death

I sang "Springtime for Hitler" for an arrive-and-drive, though. Any arguments about appropriateness are invalid, and I would also like some spätzle right about now.

My wife makes killer spaetzle (can't figure out umlats). Too bad you're too far away. It's great with tSoG's bacon in it.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

cabinboy wrote:
ninjacoco wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

My wife makes killer spaetzle (can't figure out umlats). Too bad you're too far away. It's great with tSoG's bacon in it.

Hot.

Damn.

Spätzle (I love the Macs' hold down for umlauts feature) is the best. I'm annoyingly grounded travel-wise at the moment, though. And again, the sleepypills, they do nothing!

I have a magical pile of Puffalumps, and I am still not sleepy enough. I didn't even care enough to make or get coffee today, so I'm not even caffeinated. I just can't sleep.

Are you getting ANY sleep at all?

We need to figure how to get you some spaetlze at some point. Will you be coming for the 10th anniversary race? I'm assuming you can travel by October.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

cabinboy wrote:
ninjacoco wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

Umlats are pretty easy.  Just beat a few eggs and chop up some onions and mushrooms, throw it all in a hot pan and you're done.  I like mine with a little salsa.

Sleep is the cousin of death

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

ninjacoco wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

Oh no, I have the whole thing in my head. But he seems to not be game for the dressing up.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Fair warning: I went to the doctor about this not-sleeping thing and he was like, "try taking two." So, either this works and I finally get some shut-eye and/or start talking about THE VOICES and PHIL IS A COMMUNIST on this thread, or I'm up past 3 a.m. writing about how my nextdoor neighbor definitely rode the sausage fantastic at around 1ish.

DRUGS.

35 (edited by ninjacoco 2016-02-26 09:40 AM)

cabinboy wrote:

Are you getting ANY sleep at all?

We need to figure how to get you some spaetlze at some point. Will you be coming for the 10th anniversary race? I'm assuming you can travel by October.

Only if you nuke rule 6.3 from orbit. FREE COCO!

We'll see how I handle next weekend's PWC race. Apparently watching fast objects and keeping up with them is kind of a hard thing to mentally process, so I may be able to deal with that, or I may get kinda dizzy and ask anybody if they want to drive the world's sweetest Lancer back into Austin. Ride-alongs at speed were a solid "don't do that," too, which is a bummer. But hey, B-SPEC. This is worth the risk to see if I can handle watching rad little hatchback races.

I got some light sleep last night, but it sucked.

TKing66 wrote:
cabinboy wrote:
ninjacoco wrote:

Umlats are pretty easy.  Just beat a few eggs and chop up some onions and mushrooms, throw it all in a hot pan and you're done.  I like mine with a little salsa.

I might hold the mushrooms. Rest sounds good, though.

Guildenstern wrote:
ninjacoco wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

Oh no, I have the whole thing in my head. But he seems to not be game for the dressing up.

You should dress up as Puffalumps!

derekste wrote:

Sleep is the cousin of death

Yes.

Ooh snap, this is getting cozy feeling. Fingers seem heavy. Eyelids seem heavy. I'm okay with how two pills work.

Also, FREE COCO!
Let coco race!
Let coco race!
Let coco race!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcGYKQAUYAA1kDj.jpg

I got a new Coco (Bunny)! I will enjoy this barely functual state of sort-of-sleep

This sounds like a real problem even though you being silly about it?  I know you've seen the doctor about it and he is probably wayyyyy smarter than I am but I have to ask.  Do you do any physical labor type of work daily?  I know that you are a writer and probably make your living writing.  The only times in my life that I have suffered from insomnia were times that I didn't work hard enough.  By work I mean real sweating hardcore physical work.  Maybe now would be a good time to make some kind of change like joining a crossfit gym or taking up cycling or mountain biking.  I understand that don't know your personal life just trying to offer some help.  Hope you sleep well soon.

PS doctors suck and will push pills all they can it's no surprise he told you to take another pill.  I was supposed to be in a wheel chair 10 years ago according to a panel of quack doctors and you saw me, I'm the picture of health lol

" the only good thing hipsters have brought about is the canning of non crappy beers"

Haha, it worked. I slept well.

Not sure I'll need this thread anymore.

Disco wrote:

This sounds like a real problem even though you being silly about it?  I know you've seen the doctor about it and he is probably wayyyyy smarter than I am but I have to ask.  Do you do any physical labor type of work daily?  I know that you are a writer and probably make your living writing.  The only times in my life that I have suffered from insomnia were times that I didn't work hard enough.  By work I mean real sweating hardcore physical work.  Maybe now would be a good time to make some kind of change like joining a crossfit gym or taking up cycling or mountain biking.  I understand that don't know your personal life just trying to offer some help.  Hope you sleep well soon.

PS doctors suck and will push pills all they can it's no surprise he told you to take another pill.  I was supposed to be in a wheel chair 10 years ago according to a panel of quack doctors and you saw me, I'm the picture of health lol

I haven't been doing any physical work lately, and I'm used to going to the gym regularly. I haven't really had much motivation to do much of anything because I've been barred from doing most of what I actually enjoy doing while this stupid concussion heals. I tend to do a lot of yoga, so the fact that I'm having balance and concentration issues is a big no there. I should probably go run it off anyway, but I'm just having problems caring lately and that's a big issue I brought up yesterday at the doctor's office along with the insomnia issues.

I'm not a huge fan of managing issues with pills, either. I'd prefer this to be a temporary thing while I figure out how to enjoy, I dunno, whatever it is that people who are on a limited work/driving schedule do. Speaking of pills, I don't really remember making the last couple posts on this thread last night. With The Ambiens, I'm guessing that's probably a success?

Healing from Concussions can cause depression. Luckily the pills are working. Just wait until you wake up somewhere you Know you didn't fall asleep O__o

But Sleep should help with the healing, your brain mostly fixes itself when your'e out, so sleep will help you along.

I think you need to post every night after you take your ambien and before you go to sleep. Then you get a surprise from yourself in the morning!

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

Look up some the various government studies on "mild" TBI (traumatic brain injury).  There has been a ton learned from the mixed blessing of so many soldiers, Marines, and Airmen surviving IED induced roll-overs.  If you do not take this into your own hands your recovery can be prolonged or filled with rocky highs and lows.

That is not fear mongering because you do likely have the other issues that go along with their experiences, but the recovery of the specific issues of mild TBI are applicable to everyone that suffers head trauma.  The results of their (Walter Reed chief among them) work has sadly spread little to the civilian medical world.

Stepping off soap box but contact me directly if you need some resources.

ninjacoco wrote:

barely functual

Welp.

I've been taking it super careful (closely following doctors' advice, not trying to push myself too hard) and luckily, work's been super-understanding about my need for frequent breaks in the meantime.

"Bored" is an understatement, though.

Practice card tricks. There's some great how to videos on Youtube. Keep you dexterity sharp.

Coco,

Are you still in TX? For some reason i thought you were moving, or had moved, to PA... am I crazy?

He's a new man now, part of the machine,
His nerves of metal and his blood oil.
The clutch curses, but the gears obey,
His least bidding, and lo, he's away.

ninjacoco wrote:
ninjacoco wrote:

barely functual

Welp.

I've been taking it super careful (closely following doctors' advice, not trying to push myself too hard) and luckily, work's been super-understanding about my need for frequent breaks in the meantime.

"Bored" is an understatement, though.

I totally understand healing from a serious concussion.  I used to think I was pretty tough untill one fight leveled me for a fee months with severe headaches dizziness all the time inner ear problems.  It took me a solid 4 months to recover back to 100%. Good luck girl

" the only good thing hipsters have brought about is the canning of non crappy beers"