Topic: The EPA, Churches & changes that are out to screw us...

After watching John Oliver, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg, I got to thinking....We should become a church! We congregate at a track, on a regular basis. We have a shared belief system that brings us together. We strive to achieve a near Zen state with all of our focus while driving. If not, after we do something stupid, most of us thank God we have survived.  Jay preaches to us on the morning of the 7th day, Sabbath Saturday. If we have sinned, the church elders make us perform penance. Our church should have a simple name like ... Fellowship of the Neverending Road, Church of the Devine Apex, Followers of Cervesa ,  they are always ahead of us. And best of all... ALL of Our Racing Expenses would be Deductible!  This may also give the EPA more to think about since they would be stepping on our freedom of religion.

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.

Re: The EPA, Churches & changes that are out to screw us...

Not a religious person. But I would join this for sure.

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

And when you get a black flag, you drive to the confessional to see the Rabbi/Priest and get scolded for your sins...maybe kinda like a Drive-Through confessional..."After placing your confession, please pull up to the second window to pick up your penalty and pay for your order...Thank you and have a nice day"

z

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

"Our Lady of Perpetual Acceleration"

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

mechimike wrote:

"Our Lady of Perpetual Acceleration"

Saint Haynes of Detriot

6 (edited by BoB 2016-04-14 08:58 AM)

My concern would be dealing with the more conservative sects.

Thou shalt not taketh my line. If thou crosseth into thy line thou shalt be puntedith into the armco, so sayeth the almighty BMW

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I think Chris and Mary have been trying to get the Church of Haynes started for a while now. On Saturday night at the last MSR race, after they had to swap both half shafts in the Neon, I have vague memories of reading someone the instructions for checking and filling the gearbox in the style of a charismatic Southern Baptist preacher. I didn't have much of a voice left on Sunday morning.

With the number of times during a weekend of wrenching that "Jesus Christ" and "God D*** It" come out of my mouth, I would say I'm already worshiping.

The Church of the Book of Haynes!

Oh, I can make you become steel-real, my Angel... I can build your corpus and ignite your sacred fuel, true, but only the Warrior Saint can drive you...

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!