Re: Looking for NJMP video (Found)

racinrob wrote:

I love that panel, but with the current discussion of what his leg hit, you might want to pad the left side of the panel.  Maybe it is just the angle of the photo, but the support appears to be near the driver's side of the trans tunnel, which could lead to your right leg hitting it on a right side impact.

You are correct, and I need to do just that.  Thanks for pointing it out to me!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Re: Looking for NJMP video (Found)

mully006 wrote:

Thanks that's perfect and exactly what I was looking for.   

Your description is right,  he did get spooked by someone passing on the inside.  He lost it on the curbing and then tired to save it which was a mistake.  He over corrected and ran into the wall.  That's basically what the driver said, but I wanted to see if for myself.  To the other novices out there make sure to go two feet in if you start to loose it.

I was going to post earlier predicting this.  I have never been at an event (race or track day) at Thunderbolt where a car has not hit the wall there.  It's a design problem with the track.  If you're going to go off there, you need to just drive off into the grass on the left.  Trying to pull it back on the track results in a spin and getting up close and personal with that armco.

Honestly, they should pave the runoff out there a la Watkins Glen T1.  That would probably save at least one car per weekend.

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again