Re: $500 Lamborghini?

therood wrote:

Oh, man. I need to get a picture of that thing the first time it takes a corner so I can capture how ridiculously it's going to lean.

I think it's going to lean this much
http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LAL14/469%20-%2024%20Hours%20of%20LeMons%20at%20Barber%20Motorsports%20Park.jpg

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

FPRbuzz wrote:
therood wrote:

Oh, man. I need to get a picture of that thing the first time it takes a corner so I can capture how ridiculously it's going to lean.

I think it's going to lean this much
http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LAL14/469%20-%2024%20Hours%20of%20LeMons%20at%20Barber%20Motorsports%20Park.jpg

But it's a TSi! That's the performance version.
To be honest I don't think we've put 5 miles on that thing since we bought it almost two years ago so we really have no idea what it's gonna do. Just keep clear of us at the start of the race. And blame Judge Phil if anything goes wrong.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Well, based on the class C grade entries, it looks like you might be the only thing the Dustbuster can match/overtake in the turns so I applaud your stupidity and hope it stays on the track long enough for us to pass someone...anyone.

cabinboy wrote:

To be honest I don't think we've put 5 miles on that thing since we bought it almost two years ago so we really have no idea what it's gonna do.

FWIW, the Imp spent 10+ yrs in a field and the first time and  farthest I drove it was up the block to turn around and load onto the trailer the night before the race.  It ran the whole weekend and got IOE.  A number of Spank's cars first time running in multiple years occurred at the track.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3d/3dfb55aad54797770e4680579a7dbc6291dbba1d433f26e4e3170ced9f08fa24.jpg

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

OnkelUdo wrote:

Well, based on the class C grade entries, it looks like you might be the only thing the Dustbuster can match/overtake in the turns so I applaud your stupidity and hope it stays on the track long enough for us to pass someone...anyone.

When you ask the team captain if you should bring your fuel jugs and he tells you yes but let's not fill them just in case it doesn't exactly breed confidence.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Umm... Yeah... I remember the last car from this platform that showed up to Autobahn.   We watched in amazement as it got on the track and were thinking, "They apparently don't want to race this weekend."   I think it survived a lap and we never saw it again.

My condolences, and NEVER listen to Phil.  smile

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

cabinboy wrote:

When you ask the team captain if you should bring your fuel jugs and he tells you yes but let's not fill them just in case it doesn't exactly breed confidence.

yeah, it's gonna be one of those races for us too.

I will echo the positivity of cheseroo and say some of my most successful races have been where the car hasn't driven more than 100 feet before the green flag.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?