Topic: Gingerman "quiet" hours on Sunday

Not sure where to post this, so I guessed here.

This weekend I was out at Gingerman for the SCCA races, and I was caught by surprise as to their schedule.  On Sunday they did an 8 AM start.  Lemons always starts at Noon at Gingernam Sunday's as indicated by a "quiet" time.  Anyone familiar with Gingerman knows the story about the Church so I asked the Sound Chief for the SCCA event what they do to start so early on Sunday.  I was informed that the "quiet" time on Sunday's rule ended in 2014.

Anyone know anything about this?  If this information is true, and I certainly know they were running on Sunday at 8 AM as I was standing there watching.... any possible way Lemons could start running earlier on Sunday for more track time at Gingerman?

If it's a matter of needing measured sound to "comply" with any requirements the guy offered to work our events.  He often attends them at Gingerman anyway. smile

Statically Indeterminate: #58 '95 Purple S-10 (Flyin' Purple People Eater)
2014: Gingerman x 2 | 2015: Gingerman, Autobahn (24 Hours!) | 2016 Gingerman (April) | 2017 Gingerman (April)

Re: Gingerman "quiet" hours on Sunday

I know nothing on this but will post anyway.  My guess would be that 60-120 Lemons running simultaneously (right, who am kidding) might be more than the track management wants to risk even if the rule was lifted.  I would guess that SCCA field was smaller and therefore less farting (our 3800) singing (the alfa V6's) or bellowing (Hemis and SBC's) than at one of our events.

The "quiet time" at Gingerman, as I understand it, is/was from 10AM to 12 Noon. Since Lemons may not want to start the race at say 8 AM and then shut it down at 10AM for two hours and then restart they may have decided to just start at noon and keep it simple.

I will be running at Gingerman Sept 18th with MCSCC with my race car, when they ran there in the past they ran practice sessions from 8 to 10 with the races in the afternoon.

Not specific to Gingerman, but at NHMS the racing must be done by 5pm.  However, the track is allowed a certain number of days each year they can go past this time.  Obviously they reserve these days for the major events like NASCAR and a few of the motorcycle races they hold.  I wonder if Gingerman can ignore the quiet rule for a certain number of days each year?

ERM Racing:  NHMS 2016 - Organizer's Choice Award. NHMS 2015 - Judge's Choice Award. NHMS 2014 - "Most work to make an Unrecognizable Movie Car Award" Team Ludicrous Speed:  NHMS Fall 2013 - driver, NHMS Spring 2013 -  support crew, NHMS Fall 2012 - Corner Marshal (How not to Flip Your Car)

Answer, just raced the chump race this weekend and the  quiet time is 11:00 to 12:00. It's a county law due to all the church's in the area.

Since SCCA does sprint races its easier to just schedule the track so there isn't a race going on at that time then an endurance race where there aren't breaks for different races.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

OnkelUdo wrote:

I know nothing on this but will post anyway.  My guess would be that 60-120 Lemons running simultaneously (right, who am kidding) might be more than the track management wants to risk even if the rule was lifted.  I would guess that SCCA field was smaller and therefore less farting (our 3800) singing (the alfa V6's) or bellowing (Hemis and SBC's) than at one of our events.

Just the dulcet buzz of 35-60 Spec Miatas Cheating....err.......racing for 20 minutes.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport