Topic: Ride-along passenger at NJMP 2016

i think we picked up a hitchhiker at some point, and he went for a 1.5 hr roller-coaster ride!

https://youtu.be/eHCP6s6JTbI

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
New England Long Winter Build Award - 2015
IOE Winner, Loudon Annoying 2011, Judges Choice - Loudon Annoying 2012
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

Re: Ride-along passenger at NJMP 2016

Ok you have a rodent in the underside of the car - poor choice for him.

Better question, you have the wheel well/s (how many) videoed during the race?? Is that a live feed someone is watching or something you go back to look at after an issue has arisen?

3 (edited by mike944 2016-05-26 07:50 AM)

icecoldkidd wrote:

Better question, you have the wheel well/s (how many) videoed during the race?? Is that a live feed someone is watching or something you go back to look at after an issue has arisen?

Only one wheel well.   This is the first time we've done this camera view.   This car is basically designed/built from scratch, and we wanted to use this view to make sure things are not flexing improperly (they are)

The car is a '79 Chevette.   In that view (right front) you see a  Miata lower A-arm (from the left side of a Miata), a Miata knuckle, Dodge Neon rear hub, C4 corvette rotor, Wilwood caliper, modified Miata upper A-arm, Honda ATV shock & spring, custom link, going up to a Pontiac GTO sway bar, all mounted to custom brackets on a Chevette chassis, so yeah, we wanted to keep an eye on things!

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

I want to see more of that video at speed.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

I bet you that mouses' family did not believe him when he told them what had happened to him LOL

TheEngineer wrote:

I want to see more of that video at speed.

I can post it tonight.     I didn't figure anyone other than me would want to watch 2 hours of suspension moving......  Lol!

2 hours? maybe not. But a couple laps? hell yea. It's interesting to see how much things really move around when you're beating on a car.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

This is incredible. Mighty mouse has got nothing on racing mouse.

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

mike944 wrote:

The car is a '79 Chevette.   In that view (right front) you see a  Miata lower A-arm (from the left side of a Miata), a Miata knuckle, Dodge Neon rear hub, C4 corvette rotor, Wilwood caliper, modified Miata upper A-arm, Honda ATV shock & spring, custom link, going up to a Pontiac GTO sway bar, all mounted to custom brackets on a Chevette chassis, so yeah, we wanted to keep an eye on things!

Funny, I would be much more comfortable living in ignorance.