Re: SoCal Race-ready Humber Super Snipe -- SOLD!

We finally had a stretch of warm dry days, so I worked on the Super Snipe.   It is now all back together and running.
I took advantage of the opportunity to switch from the single-barrel downdraft carburetor to the later dual sidedraft
Strombergs.   I also installed all new ignition components, except for the coil.   I took it out for a drive on the freeway
this afternoon, and it ran OK.   And it can still be started with the hand crank.  smile

I still need to hook up the voltage regulator.   The previous alternator was a single-wire one with internal regulation,
but it developed a bad bearing.   The replacement  (bought in a hurry) turned out to need an external regulator.
At the rate I work, it's probably an all-day job, so perhaps on Monday (May 6th).

Although it is street legal, I recommend that you come pick it up with a truck (or large car) and tow dolly, because
of all the spares

Alan

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

The Super Snipe has been sold and is on its way to its new home in Suisun City, CA.
The new owner plans to run it at Thunderhill in a few months.   Please welcome him.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Yay!