Re: CB Radios ?

Ok, fine, I'll cover all bases and throw both of my Motorolas in the box too!

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

VKZ24 wrote:
DieselSJ wrote:

There is a cell phone app called Zello.  It turns your cell into a push-to-talk device and broadcasts what you say to anyone that is logged into the channel.  The app is free.  We could set up a channel and use that for communication between teams.  As long as you have cell reception you will get the broadcast so there are no distance limits as with a CB. That being said, I'm digging out my old hand held CB also.

Could Zello be used to send large font text messages to a driver?  I can see an application where it might be helpful when we have radio trouble.

It actually does a voice broadcast.

squirrel wrote:

I have a motorola t4800, is that what you mean?

yeah... i spoze i'll buy something like that. feels like a defeat, but that'll be less annoying than no radio. plus i can hide it so no one can see.

DieselSJ wrote:

There is a cell phone app called Zello

mobile phone service will be fine along interstates, but shit to non-existent in much of death valley and surrounding desert. some networks work, some don't, location dependent.

I'm bringing a handheld CB and a two way.  I kind of wish I had kept my unit I got at El Mirage years ago.

31 (edited by gogmorgo 2016-08-14 01:38 AM)

We've got a pair of Cobra walkies for between Atomic and myself. Might have comms with others using the same channels.