Topic: A Death in the Family

Hello Everyone,

My name is Richard George, co-owner of the Road Race Joneses (Lipstick On A Pig) # 16 Sentra SER. As you may have seen on the Lemons Facebook page our team captain John Burgess passed away last Sat. morning.

To say the least, we are just blown away in that John was the very heart and soul of the team. Eight years ago we showed up for our first Lemons race at Altamont with an actual $500.00 car and got run over by every other car on the track. That prompted us to buy a Sentra SER and we've been heroically dumping oil and engine parts on West Coast tracks ever since.

I know that many of you know him because one of his favorite pastimes was visiting with as many of the teams as he could.

We are withdrawing from next weeks T-Hill race and will have to move our base of operations about 150 miles away with some logistical issues still to be overcome. We need some time to figure out how we're going to do all this. It is our intention to make the Sonoma race in Dec.

John and I have been involved in motorsports together for 56 years and it is difficult to express the emotions that the team and his family are experiencing right now. John is survived by his lovely wife of fifty years,two children and three grandchildren.

It has been heartwarming for us to see the very kind thoughts and words with which the Lemons Family has responded and we thank you very much.

Richard

Re: A Death in the Family

Myself, my family, and my team offer our condolences for your loss.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

My sincere condolences to family, team, and friends.  Really sorry to hear this.

bs

We have been racing (hard) against you for a long time.  Very sorry to hear that. Please accept our condolences.

Paul, aka BuFord Hogswaller:  Team Captain, Team Bavarian Ranchero and Team Pink Lloyd

sorry

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

Very sorry to hear of this.  Seems to be happening a lot lately.  sad

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))