1 (edited by Team MFBA 2016-07-26 04:21 PM)

Topic: In car footage from Car #1 (96 V6 Firebird) @ Autobahn

Here's my highlight reel from Sunday, starting off with my fast lap of a 1:45.1
It's followed up with my attempt to keep up with ta ta's, and then a bit of good traffic action.

https://vimeo.com/176380523

Couple notes:
We don't use curbs to reduce abuse to the chassis
We only use 3'rd and 4'th gear to reduce abuse on the trans
We short shift (typically) at 5000-5500

YouTube is currently processing our full race video. When that is done processing, I'll post those links as well.

Thanks to the Judges, Lemons staff, and Autobahn staff for another awesome event. My friends and I always have a great time!

Team Wounded Chicken
1996 3.8 V6 Firebird, "Bob Ross"

Re: In car footage from Car #1 (96 V6 Firebird) @ Autobahn

Nice job with all the telemetry from HP Tuners!   It really helps me see where I could be making up time in certain corners.

Impressive tech and tracking

-Robert, Party Sheep Racing
The Jerry Lundegaard GMAC Financing Award, Joliet 2013 [Cutlass Ciera w/ Iron Duke]
Eta E30: IL Fall '15, MI Spring '16, IL Summer '16, MI Spring '17, KY '17, MI Summer '21, KY '21, MI Summer '21, MI Fall '22

Thanks for posting, this will help our drivers improve our times the next time out.

Question on the car: did your theme grow out of the Bob Ross penalty of lore?

gumert,

When we learned of Lemons many years ago, and the theme part of it, we all had unique ideas, however, I grew up loving Bob Ross as a kid, and though it was pretty unique. Only later did we learn that there was already a Bob Ross themed penalty.

A good friend of ours is an artist and is the one that did the Bob Ross/firechicken hood. He also showed us how to make happy trees and mountains and clouds on the car with spray paint. Now we can easily paint over the bribed stencils, and any car to car contact! smile

Team Wounded Chicken
1996 3.8 V6 Firebird, "Bob Ross"