1 (edited by SpaceFrank 2016-08-30 07:15 AM)

Topic: Escape Velocity Dart needs 4th driver for CMP-Price Reduced

I'm beginning to doubt some of my friends' commitment to this program. It's only a 16-hour drive from Houston, what the hell?

Anyway... team of 3 good-humored, functionally-alcoholic, self-referential, hyphen-using weirdos seeks 4th. The Dart is at this point a somewhat-competitive Class B car that lacks horsepower but tries to make up for it with good handling, braking, and reliability. We actually put off our ill-advised plans for power-addition this time around in order to be lame and boring and fix all the latent suspension and chassis issues we'd been neglecting for the last year.

Qualified candidates will avoid black flags and not break the goddamn car. Ideal candidates will bring booze and/or snacks, know how to hold a wrench, and be down for shenanigans. Would also be nice if you can bring a short-sleeve, collared white shirt and skinny black tie for our vague Apollo-era mission control theme at BS inspection. We are renting a covered garage space. Not sure yet if we want to do CMP's comparably-overpriced test-and-tune session. Having a good time and beating the Fairlane are our only primary objectives for this race; competing in Class B is more of a stretch goal.

Pros:
-Should be reliable and get plenty of track time
-We're renting a covered garage spot
-Car has a suit cooler (Will we need it? I don't know how hot South Carolina even is in September)
-"It handles almost exactly like a stock E30!" -Anton Lovett
-The car is awesome
-We're awesome

Cons:
-You have to listen to the Frank and Bob Show if anything breaks (might actually be a pro depending on your sense of humor)
-Basically nothing else, did I mention we're awesome?

Price: $600 total. That's $325 in entry fees (due ahead of time), and $275 to me at the race. Only four drivers, so it should be plenty of track time. If for some ungodly reason everything goes south and the car misses a lot of time on track, I'll figure the actual gas/etc. expenses after the fact and give you a partial refund.

Alternatively, we could just do the race with 3 drivers. In that case, we would be seeking a ghost driver to fill up our team on paper and pay the $150 driver fee. If your team has 5 or more drivers, let me know if we can steal one.

Command Pilot/Flight Director, Escape Velocity Racing
Index of Effluency, Heroic Fix, Class C Trophy, now hopelessly gunning for Class B.
Currently 1-2 vs. Team Fairlylame in the Class of 1964 Championships

Re: Escape Velocity Dart needs 4th driver for CMP-Price Reduced

Bump up the thread, bump it up, while the forum's stompin', and the thread is pumpin', look at how the Dart is jumpin'.

Just to clarify, potential drivers will NOT be required to listen to Technotronic, or to dance in any way (unless they want to).

Index of Effluency, Heroic Fix, Class C Trophy, now hopelessly gunning for Class B.

How can you not want to race this fine, IoE-winning, former-Class C champion POS?

http://i2.wp.com/hooniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/DSC_0189.jpg

Look at how she flies!

http://www.roadkill.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Escape-Velocity-Dart.jpg

Price reduced to $600. Barely a week left to sign up. Don't make me and Bob drive 3 stints apiece in this race, we plan to be hungover.

Did I mention that you get a FREE EVR T-SHIRT? Because if you race with us, you get a FREE EVR T-SHIRT! It's one of the most sought-after T-shirts in Lemons! Look at all these suave, sophisticated people wearing their EVR T-SHIRTS.

http://i.imgur.com/EdqHj9m.jpg

Men and women alike can't get enough of you if you wear an EVR T-SHIRT.

http://i.imgur.com/3d6ExX9.jpg

Look at how much Judge Phil enjoys his EVR T-SHIRT!

https://media.giphy.com/media/4UFGsyygmcFoc/giphy.gif

Think you have what it takes to wear an EVR T-SHIRT??? You probably do! Apply today.

Very interested in being 4th idiot. CMP experience in fast car would love to in slow car.

Kiss My Tail Lights Racing

It's not slow, it's a rocket
                                        Ship

I drove with these guys at Sebring,
Highly recommended

You guys coming to the spring 2017 event?  Hit me up at bouloshark@yahoo.de if you're still looking for a driver.

Ground Control to Major Tom…err…Frank.

I drove in the fall CMP race and it was a blast.  The atmosphere and clean driving made it a great race.  I live just over an hour away and have been wanting to wear a short sleeve white button down and a skinny tie for as long as I remember :-)

About me:  48yo clean driver, who is gentle on the equipment and a team player in the pits/paddock.  Always willing to help wrench/cook/drink.

terryken@hotmail.com      Ready to send payment via Paypal if desired.