Topic: supercharging a honda b series

Lets just say you were able to find a Jackson supercharger for a honda B series for Lemons money. Pros, cons, better or worse than turbo?

Please discuss

Fritz

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24

Re: supercharging a honda b series

Having just put a turbo on our Honda for this past race I can share our challenges, along with my past JRSC knowledge.  I'm at work and on my phone now so I'll write out something more later.  In a nutshell, you have to deal with lots of heat issue, the JRSC wasn't that great to begin with (the intake S bend sucks), and the charger is likely worn out on any Lemons $ unit.  That being said, boost is fun!

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

dahlinboysracing wrote:

Lets just say you were able to find a Jackson supercharger for a honda B series for Lemons money. Pros, cons, better or worse than turbo?

Please discuss

Fritz

This will not end well.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:
dahlinboysracing wrote:

Please discuss

Fritz

This will GLORIOUSLY.

FTFY

turbo D-series is where it's at, y0

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

I strongly encourage everyone I race and even those I don't to use forced induction for enduros.   I only see.. er... I can't see any way this should end... er... shouldn't end well.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

I've done a lot of supercharged B-series builds. I've got one sitting behind the shop with a custom CCW M90 that should make 500 WHP if I ever get around to putting a belt on it.

The big problems with the JRSC are the 4-rib belt; it's not enough, and heat soak, especially for track use. There was a guy in FL that would embed Laminova cores in the intake manifold, which worked okay for the heat soak, but that was a long time ago. I had one of his manifolds, and if I put a big enough radiator on it, then it would keep the temps down. The little M60 that came with a B-series JRSC also runs right off the edge of it's map well before you run out of RPM's, which adds to the heat soak problem.

Of course, if you really want to use a JRSC, then do a dual-sequential charger setup. That way you use the SC inside it's efficiency range and then switch to a pre-spooled (by the SC) turbo when you get in to the turbo's efficiency range. I made one years ago and it was a monster:

http://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-ind … s-1293497/

I don't know how it would fare for endurance racing, but I can't imagine any way in which it could possibly fail.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

A guy named Mark Dibella at MD Automotive in Westminster did the development work for Jackson Racing I believe and he runs a shop where Eyesore worked (works?) on their miata. You may reach out to Eyesore for his contact.