Topic: Ghost Driver for Decade of Disappointment

Does anyone have a ghost driver with a valid Lemons License my team can borrow for the Gingerman race in October?
Or anyone west coast not going to Gingerman but have a valid License?

You need the 4 drivers in by the pay deadline right because we are already paid up, just need A #4 on the books if it's needed Saturday night.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Re: Ghost Driver for Decade of Disappointment

I have a valid license and not planning on going.  Send me the team code and I'll sign up.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

fwiw, you don't actually need 4 people.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

But you do need a fourth with a valid license to sign up in the slot.  Otherwise you have to buy a license for a fake guy I think. 

We've run two drivers and just put in two of our drivers that weren't coming to get to four.  I think they're needing a 4th name to put in.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

But you do need a fourth with a valid license to sign up in the slot.  Otherwise you have to buy a license for a fake guy I think.

That's not been my experience.

I was about to type out more, but I don't want to show my hand in public and potentially screw up loopholes.

Ok.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I actually didn't sign us up last time this happened but I thought we needed to add two of our drivers as it kept kicking back we weren't ready.  I think I may be assuming that it would kick back that fake drivers don't have valid Lemons licenses.

yea, you'll keep getting the You're Not Ready emails until the end of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p … 7ArmM#t=32

(don't know how to make a 16 second gif w/ sound of this ^^^)

Guildenstern wrote:

Does anyone have a ghost driver with a valid Lemons License my team can borrow for the Gingerman race in October?
Or anyone west coast not going to Gingerman but have a valid License?

You need the 4 drivers in by the pay deadline right because we are already paid up, just need A #4 on the books if it's needed Saturday night.

You only need to pay for 4 drivers.  You don't actually need a fourth driver.  If you have any friends or family going to the race, list them, it will save them paying the gate fee.

bs

The system doesn't Kick you without a listed and Licensed 4th driver?

Either way, Tking66 hoocked me up last night after I posted this. Thanks all.

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

I'd like to see if we could get going a sort of collective agreement that everyone across all regions who has the need for a ghost driver will put either Babe Ruth of Joe Dimaggio down. Hell, I'll pay for the Lemons license for a year.

But I want to see if we can get a Ruth or Dimaggio ghost driver as the season Driver Points winner.

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

We've run two drivers and just put in two of our drivers that weren't coming to get to four.  I think they're needing a 4th name to put in.

We've never had to do that.  I've left the slots empty, and I've filled in family members who are spectating.  It's never been a problem.

bs

12 (edited by cheseroo 2016-08-22 09:33 PM)

Spank wrote:

But I want to see if we can get a Ruth or Dimaggio ghost driver as the season Driver Points winner.

I'd nominate Chris O as the designated GD.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Is this a case of What HQ want's vs. what HQ will accept?

Guildenstern wrote:

Is this a case of What HQ want's vs. what HQ will accept?

HQ wants the $$$ for the 4 drivers.  They don't care how many actually show up to drive, they don't have any way of ensuring that 4 or more drivers actually drive the car.  The system is programmed to send out the nag messages because they've grown tired of teams showing up at the track with none of their drivers signed up, and having to do it all on site.

bs

Gotcha... Nag messages don't equate to getting booted

16 (edited by yodogg 2016-08-24 01:16 PM)

When in doubt, just write in G.D. Yo-Man.

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

Spank wrote:

I'd like to see if we could get going a sort of collective agreement that everyone across all regions who has the need for a ghost driver will put either Babe Ruth of Joe Dimaggio down. Hell, I'll pay for the Lemons license for a year.

Nick will get more of a kick out of some obscure backup middle infielder from the 1998 San Francisco Giants. Just sayin'.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com