1 (edited by russian 2016-08-22 09:11 AM)

Topic: Halloween Hooptiefest NHMS garage & test?

Just called NHMS operations at  (603) 783-4931 and they tell me Friday test and garage rentals are handled by Lemons, not by the track? That's unusual.

Does anyone remember how it was last time? Will email Jay and Nick I guess.

2 (edited by TheEngineer 2016-08-22 09:22 AM)

Re: Halloween Hooptiefest NHMS garage & test?

Garages are always done by Lemons (at NHMS anyway). There will be an email sent out after the acceptance emails saying they are now available. First come first serve.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

$275 per slot. Is NHMS that track where you put two cars into every of these garages? Does anyone remember last year?

Yes, 2 cars per garage at NHMS.

ERM Racing:  NHMS 2016 - Organizer's Choice Award. NHMS 2015 - Judge's Choice Award. NHMS 2014 - "Most work to make an Unrecognizable Movie Car Award" Team Ludicrous Speed:  NHMS Fall 2013 - driver, NHMS Spring 2013 -  support crew, NHMS Fall 2012 - Corner Marshal (How not to Flip Your Car)

The garages will fit 2 cars, but you by no means have to share them. They rent them out one team to a garage. If you want to share just find a friend, have one team pay, and then split the fee.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Ok, garage question resolved.

Friday test day, what do we know about it?

russian wrote:

Ok, garage question resolved.

Friday test day, what do we know about it?

In the past we've signed up at the track the day of. NH is one of the more expensive test days, they charge per car ($150?) and also another $50 per driver.

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.

I just called NHMS (Loudon) regarding the Friday test track time:

- Sign up and pay at the track the day of event at the track office (registration handled by the track).  No online, early registration, discounts, etc..  (So I guess if it looks like the weather will be lousy on Friday when you arrive, don't bother, and save your money...their loss)
- Cost is $160 for one car and one driver.
- Each additional driver is $50

I guess each driver could drive various cars....if he is on several teams....or the team has several cars...

Kind of pricey?  I am not sure what it usually runs at other tracks....

z

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

MZAVARIN wrote:

I just called NHMS (Loudon) regarding the Friday test track time:

- Sign up and pay at the track the day of event at the track office (registration handled by the track).  No online, early registration, discounts, etc..  (So I guess if it looks like the weather will be lousy on Friday when you arrive, don't bother, and save your money...their loss)
- Cost is $160 for one car and one driver.
- Each additional driver is $50

I guess each driver could drive various cars....if he is on several teams....or the team has several cars...

Kind of pricey?  I am not sure what it usually runs at other tracks....

z

Thompson was the least expensive that I've seen in the East at $150, including all drivers.  CMP wasn't bad at $250, but with only five sessions of 20 minutes each, time was very limited.  IIRC, NJ was $150 for car and 1 driver and $50 for each additional driver.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

For NHMS you get from 9am until probably 4 or 5pm to run on the track on Friday.

ERM Racing:  NHMS 2016 - Organizer's Choice Award. NHMS 2015 - Judge's Choice Award. NHMS 2014 - "Most work to make an Unrecognizable Movie Car Award" Team Ludicrous Speed:  NHMS Fall 2013 - driver, NHMS Spring 2013 -  support crew, NHMS Fall 2012 - Corner Marshal (How not to Flip Your Car)