1 (edited by OnkelUdo 2016-09-09 10:32 AM)

Topic: Gingerman Anniversary Race Potluck/Block Party

A number of the regular Midwest teams have been discussing this for over a month but Judge Phil threw down the gauntlet last night...we are challenged to top the Block Party thrown at CMP each year that includes something like two tons of smoked-on-site pork plus an equal volume of sides brought by all the other teams.  I do not think any of us have the smoker to compete with that, but let’s see what we can do.

The "Usual Suspects" have all but two of the electrified reserved paddock spaces between the timing tower and the gate on the track side.  This includes Team Bad Decisions (12), Apocalyptic & Burnt Rubber Soul (7-9), Morrow's (??), Cabinboy (forget the team name 13 &14), Product Design & SkyPasiv (10 & 11)...etc.

So the plan is to have as many teams a reasonable bring a dish, preferably for 20-40 people (expected turn-out is well over 600 people), sign up on the attached google sheet for your team, what you are bringing, what day and a contact email.  Those that cannot access the sheet just PM me and I will add you.  Three days before the race I will send a mass email with assignments of what paddock space to bring your food to (1-18).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

Keep in mind, you don't have to cook or prep this yourself...South Haven has places that can do bulk food including a Walmart Supercenter and many, many restaurants.  Also, if you need access to a paddock or our handy electricity ahead of time, just PM me.  Travelling and need to know if someone can bring X to cook your item on...same thing, PM me.

The owners of the paddock spaces in question will move a serving table out on the road by 6 PM Friday (pending final word from HQ on their plans) and/or 30 minutes after the checker on Saturday.  Preferred to have some shade as well so move the Ezup out there if you can.

Please be aware that there are unconfirmed reports of HQ feeding us one of the nights so we may go down to one night for the Potluck but I suspect the Block Party might happen both nights regardless.  Put your primary dish down for Friday night and if we do go down to one, I will send that out in the email...but feel free to bring more!

I suggest that folks plan on bringing seating, a beverage or two and a healthy appetite for food and good company.

PS Everyone that has a reserved spot please let me know the number.  I have gathered quite a few of them but not a complete list.

Re: Gingerman Anniversary Race Potluck/Block Party

It's White Trash Racing.  Jeez, after all this time.....

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

All I could remember was Redheaded Stepchild...

Burnt Rubber Soul Racing is spot #8, and I assume team Quattro is in space #7.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

OnkelUdo wrote:

All I could remember was Redheaded Stepchild...

That's the Vision. We didn't want to besmirch our good name.

majo wrote:

I thought Apocalyptic was #7. Quattro in 9? We're 13 & 14.

cabinboy wrote:
majo wrote:

I thought Apocalyptic was #7. Quattro in 9? We're 13 & 14.

I booked 7-9 don't really care which one we end up in......

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Ooops -- meant team Quantum!

Any yeah...... happy with 7, 8, or 9. Just glad to be on the front row.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

Have to talk to my guys but I'm sure we'll be up to bringing something for this.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

We have one of those two not regulars spots and we'll figure out something.   One guy on our team can cook and so can my wife, I just fix and organize stuff.   It's our first Midwest race but I spend a lot of time in the area.  We're based out of NJ.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Actually, I wasn't saying the Gingerman racers had to compete with the CMP block party in Camden. I just meant the Saturday night paddock party at the track. The block party gets an unfair advantage because the whole town shows up now. So, just make the Gingerman paddock party rise up to CMP levels.

I think the Midwest has a strong advantage in certain critical food areas (e.g., sausage, cheese, beer, pastries), but the CMP party always has the Terminally Confused barbecue and that sets the bar pretty damn high (Terminally Confused has a guy who once made his living as a professional competitive barbecuer, plus the whole team is way better at cooking than they are at fixing blowed-up Hondas).

meyers0150 wrote:

We have one of those two not regulars spots and we'll figure out something.   One guy on our team can cook and so can my wife, I just fix and organize stuff.   It's our first Midwest race but I spend a lot of time in the area.  We're based out of NJ.

We were not trying to monopolize them as the brat and cheese curds mafia or anything...the electricity is just nice to have and then the idea of using it to have band came up and it all snowballed from there.

Welcome...bring any NJ delicay you can think of...or grab lots of cases of Yuegling instead...for some teams that is almost as coveted as Spotted Cow.

Which brings to mind, one (or many) Wisconsin team needs to bring a buttload of Spotted Cow for the coastals' that have never had the pleasure...and me.

East Coasters fell free to bring Yuengling, it's good for trading with us Midwesterners.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Brett85p wrote:

East Coasters fell free to bring Yuengling, it's good for trading with us Midwesterners.

Yuengling is an easy deal, we'll bring plenty.  Plus whatever the wife wants to do.  Likely something that is crock pot easy, pulled pork or along those lines.  She's from Chicago so it likely won't be the Philly style pulled pork that we love out here.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

As a said Wisconsinite I plan on bringing a bunch of cheese curds and Spotted Cow.  We plan on parking across the grass from you guys next to the shitter.

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

This is why I love Lemons!

Rather than trash talking about racing Judge Phil starts a food fight  smile

Unless you have a legendary Duff Beer team at G'man y'all should just give up now. You can't compete with home-brewed jalapeno porter (or whatever amazing concoction they bring this year).

I am craving some cheese curds, though...

Peter St Pierre             #63 Hong Norrth "C" Supra
     5th Place: 2016 CMP Fall
     6th place: 2015 Autobahn 24 hour
     2nd place: 2014 CMP Fall : 17th place: 2014 CMP Southern Discomfort Spring

revvhappy wrote:

Unless you have a legendary Duff Beer team at G'man y'all should just give up now. You can't compete with home-brewed jalapeno porter (or whatever amazing concoction they bring this year).

I am no Duff Beer but I am bringing 15-25 (consumption to production balance is a challenge) gallons total of homebrew.  I have only been doing this for 24 years so I hope it is up to standards.  Selections will be Lawnmower RyePA, Tarrytown Rusty Brown Ale, Black and Mild dark mild.

Since I spend a couple weeks in Wisconsin every summer, I have become a fan of New Glarus beers besides just Spotted Cow, so it would be nice if someone could bring some Two Women and Staghorn Octoberfest.

Judge Phil wrote:

Since I spend a couple weeks in Wisconsin every summer, I have become a fan of New Glarus beers besides just Spotted Cow, so it would be nice if someone could bring some Two Women and Staghorn Octoberfest.

Saddly they do not make Blacktop anymore...that was my favorite.

OnkelUdo wrote:
revvhappy wrote:

I am no Duff Beer but I am bringing 15-25 (consumption to production balance is a challenge) gallons total of homebrew.  I have only been doing this for 24 years so I hope it is up to standards.  Selections will be Lawnmower RyePA, Tarrytown Rusty Brown Ale, Black and Mild dark mild.

Outstanding! I'd love a taste of the RyePA! I guess Lemons people share more than just a love of racing crapcans.

Peter St Pierre             #63 Hong Norrth "C" Supra
     5th Place: 2016 CMP Fall
     6th place: 2015 Autobahn 24 hour
     2nd place: 2014 CMP Fall : 17th place: 2014 CMP Southern Discomfort Spring

As always we will have the Sprecher covered, I'll make sure to being some extra for the party.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

OnkelUdo wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Saddly they do not make Blacktop anymore...that was my favorite.

This is common, most people only know spotted cow, but their other beers are better.  Staghorn is one of my favorites, Moon man, coffee stout, and totally naked are up there too.  Only problem is most are seasonal except spotted cow. Also it's now in cans.

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

Just bumping this to keep it top of mind.  We now have 4/5th's of a band with 3 alternate dummers and request for a certain just to make a cameo.

We need food...

I have a general Gingerman question.

Are there really fish in the pond like the website says?

Is anyone bringing fishing poles I can borrow?

I am flying so I dont want to bring one.  And I'm not a particularly avid fisherman.  But theres something alluring about just walking over to drop a hook in the water during the race. :-)  Thanks in advance!

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

IgnoranteWest wrote:

I have a general Gingerman question.

Are there really fish in the pond like the website says?

Is anyone bringing fishing poles I can borrow?

I am flying so I dont want to bring one.  And I'm not a particularly avid fisherman.  But theres something alluring about just walking over to drop a hook in the water during the race. :-)  Thanks in advance!

Can't answer if there are actually fish in the pond, but I have a couple of fishing poles in my RV left from the previous owner. Never used them, but you are welcome to. I'm a member of Mike's (onkeludo) "usual suspects".  So just find the team in the center of the party with the Plymouth and ask for Randy.