Re: Gingerman Anniversary Race Potluck/Block Party

Any live band MUST be able to play Macho Man. Make it happen.

As for fish in the pond, I have seen a few people fishing there but have never seen a fish. I have seen a couple herons near the pond, though, which would imply that fish (maybe very small ones) exist there.

OK, it is finally announced what HQ is doing as far as their feeding us so the Potluck will be Friday only!

"BBQ for the Masses: Load you arteries down with LeMons-hosted barbecue after the checker on Saturday night. No guarantee you won't be clutching your sides and running to the GingerCan Sunday morning.  "

I will combine the like 8 folks that signed up into a single day but if you had multiple entries, feel free to edit.

I am very disappoint, and Nick Pon will be even more so, that no team has added green bean casserole to the list...

OnkelUdo wrote:

OK, it is finally announced what HQ is doing as far as their feeding us so the Potluck will be Friday only!

"BBQ for the Masses: Load you arteries down with LeMons-hosted barbecue after the checker on Saturday night. No guarantee you won't be clutching your sides and running to the GingerCan Sunday morning.  "

I will combine the like 8 folks that signed up into a single day but if you had multiple entries, feel free to edit.

I am very disappoint, and Nick Pon will be even more so, that no team has added green bean casserole to the list...

Or as they say in Minnesota "hot dish"

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

I am told by my Minnesota relatives that you can bring hotdish down to the booya. I think this is a St Paul thing.

30 (edited by OnkelUdo 2016-09-30 12:24 PM)

I am going to attempt what my Jewish friends have told my is called a guilt trip:

We go 9 teams signed up plus ours signed up three times so call it 12 dishes.

Here is the current menu:

Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Grilled Steak and Chicken, Smoked Brisket
MeatBalls in BBQ sauce
5 gallons of chili or Spaghetti
Jambalaya
Pulled Pork/ Likely Yuengling Keg (space depending)
mac n cheese/beans w/bacon
hot dawgs onlons mustard
Queso
Green Bean Casserole
Mmmmm.......burgers.

Add to this 20-25 gallons of homebrew and we can flesh this out with some sides, it will be a party...maybe not to feed the 600+ but a party never-the-less.

And you call all tell Nick the Green Bean "hotdish" is all for him...should he chose to actually show up.

Second to last call on this.  I send out an email to anyone without a paddock assignment for their food on Tuesday evening (even though most are from the reserved paddock spaces...aka "The Usual Suspects").

I'm also going to bring a couple spiral cut hams to smoke. I added it to the spreadsheet.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Ok finally corned my team mates to force a decision on the potluck.  Some of the car stuff I'm still working on, but atleast I finally got answers on the important stuff.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

33 (edited by meyers0150 2016-10-02 01:39 PM)

Just got in touch with the track and we are electric spot #2.  We will not have room for a keg, but we will have a couple cases.  Wife is in charge of the pulled pork so that should be good. 

I know I have seen it there, but maybe re-post in the Facebook Lounge?  It provides a constant feed, but messages get lost on it quickly in a day or so.  I see a lot of electric sites are still unaccounted for as well.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

meyers0150 wrote:

Just got in touch with the track and we are electric spot #2.  We will not have room for a keg, but we will have a couple cases.  Wife is in charge of the pulled pork so that should be good. 

I know I have seen it there, but maybe re-post in the Facebook Lounge?  It provides a constant feed, but messages get lost on it quickly in a day or so.

Last notification/remind goes out tomorrow...I will put it there but I think I have gotten on response from it so far regarding a commitment.  You know how flaky those Facebook people are (yeah, tongue in cheek).

Last call on this and will be cross-post to Lemons Racers Lounge.  As it stands now, probably enough food committed to feed about 60-80 folks.

For those who are signed up, I will shoot out some instructions to the email addresses you supplied on the sign-up sheet tomorrow.

So this is an open invite...come by the paddocks from the Timing Tower to the gate on the track-side paddock road for good food, beer and conversation, any time after about 6 PM!  Menu did not change much though we had a couple small additions so I am not re-posting it.

You're our favorite Onkel.

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

Is it too late to get in on this? Team Rough Knuckles would like to participate but don't have a dish picked out yet. Any thing you guys can think of thats missing that we could bring? More beer?

Rough Knuckles wrote:

Is it too late to get in on this? Team Rough Knuckles would like to participate but don't have a dish picked out yet. Any thing you guys can think of thats missing that we could bring? More beer?

We are by no means knocking anyone out...I just had to do a cut-off for the organizational side.

Beer a is always welcome.

We are pretty meat heavy to anything remotely related to a veggie or honestly about any side dish would be welcome.  I guess I can just post a redacted version of the instructions I sent out by email:

"Plan is simple...if you already have a paddock space in the reserved area from the tower to the gate on the track-side paddock road, stay there.  Please be prepared to host one other team's dish if possible.  If you are stuck out with the common folk, please be prepared to serve (as it drop it on a table) and/or prepare your dish at one of those reserved  paddock spots.  With so few folks not already in the reserved electric spots, I am not going to over think this.

Plan is when Tech closes at 5 PM to start setting up with a goal of serving about 6-6:30 PM...give or take a penalty.  I am going to try to get an announcement over the PA.  Come by paddock 12 before if you have questions.

Full menu...it leans heavily to the carnivore in our nature:

Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Grilled Steak and Chicken, Smoked Brisket, Veggies
MeatBalls in BBQ sauce
5 gallons of chili or Spaghetti
Jambalaya
Pulled Pork/ Yuengling
mac n cheese/beans w/bacon/Smoked ham
hot dawgs onlons mustard
Queso
Green Bean Casserole
Mmmmm.......burgers.
Cookies, brownies, etc.
Pasta Salad
cheese curds and beer
3 types of homebrew beer on tap"

ok.  Our team made a last minute decision to camp, (not with electrical site) but we have a generator in the RV.   I didn't see chips and salsa/ guacamole on the Menu?  and incase it is cold a crock pot and some warm cider (very tasty with dark rum....)
   Hoping to get a spot between the electrical sites and the main gate.

jmas wrote:

ok.  Our team made a last minute decision to camp, (not with electrical site) but we have a generator in the RV.   I didn't see chips and salsa/ guacamole on the Menu?  and incase it is cold a crock pot and some warm cider (very tasty with dark rum....)
   Hoping to get a spot between the electrical sites and the main gate.

You would be a good fit with the guys next to us (paddock 11) with the Queso.  Just look for giant 2-car wedge trailer and listen for a really annoying leaf blower...that would be the right place.

Amazingly cancelling sign-ups have expanded out reach by three more teams so we are probably up to feeding over 100.  I will print out flyers of known food and paddock locations with an invitation to all to join.  Available in the tech shed if I have my way.

OnkelUdo wrote:

Amazingly cancelling sign-ups have expanded out reach by three more teams so we are probably up to feeding over 100.  I will print out flyers of known food and paddock locations with an invitation to all to join.  Available in the tech shed if I have my way.

Maybe have people bring what they have.  We can set up extra tables for day of entries.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

That is the plan...

Great, I'll try to bring a huge fruit salad or some cheesie potatoes. Getting ridiculously excited! Btw the weather looks better everyday!

46 (edited by FJ40Jim 2016-10-05 10:29 AM)

Car 747 will bring a big bowl of green salad. Croutons, shredded cheese, dressings on the side.
Just added to the google spreadsheet.

See you there!

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

FJ40Jim wrote:

Car 747 will bring a big bowl of green salad. Croutons, shredded cheese, dressings on the side.

See you there!

Hell come by and hang out with car 785 and 797! We'll be in the middle of it.

No one be offended if you meal is not listed on the flier...been covertly printing them on company resources in between meetings all morning.

OnkelUdo wrote:

No one be offended if you meal is not listed on the flier...been covertly printing them on company resources in between meetings all morning.

Awesome!

Bearings Deep Racing will be trying to bring some pasta salad with ital dressing/cheese etc.

FJ40Jim wrote:

See you there!

Are you sure of your car number?  Eric doesn't show a car number 747 on the entry list.