Topic: When to get drivers signed up / pay

I've registered as a driver, created a team, and submitted my concept and car info. My team page shows all that.

I have not gotten my drivers to sign up and attach them to my team.

Registration closes for the Houston event today. Do they have to be signed up and part of my team today?

Do any of us have to have paid anything before the decisions come down?

Re: When to get drivers signed up / pay

You will be just fine. After Reg closes wait till you get the "you are accepted" email. then is the time to get all you team signed up and pay all the $$. That stuff has to be completed by 2 weeks before the race. If not done by then you start paying late fees to race.

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,Winner class A The Ridge, 2022
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015

Ch may know better than me, but I'd say you should get those guys on board. If you wanted to apply for Sears Point in Dec. Don't give management a reason to wait list you or worse. Ducks in a row, act like you've got it together and go have fun. You want to get that list of reasons for "not ready to race" down, especially the things you can control.

Then go to the shop and start another list of not ready to race and work on that.

#44 VW Jetta "Le Mondrian"
Arsesweat '17 finished 10th in (B), 3 finishes in 7 races
#96 Silver Subaru Legacy Automatic w Orange Top (formerly)

bikejeff wrote:

Ch may know better than me, but I'd say you should get those guys on board. If you wanted to apply for Sears Point in Dec. Don't give management a reason to wait list you or worse. Ducks in a row, act like you've got it together and go have fun. You want to get that list of reasons for "not ready to race" down, especially the things you can control.

Then go to the shop and start another list of not ready to race and work on that.

I'll second that on the driver sign ups. Makes your team look more together, which is good for a new team in getting accepted. I believe the drivers can sign up without buying a license, which you can do when you get accepted.

Best wishes on joining the most fun cult ever. And for car prep, make a list, and thrash early. You don't want to be doing all-nighters last minute to get to the track. And remove "we'll do it at the track" from your vocabulary because testing will reveal more things to do.

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

Thanks for the replies. Team members are signing up as they wake up this morning. I understand the Houston race may be a little less full than some, so hoping we get in.

As for the car, there's another race at the same track, same car, this week. We're getting our all nighters out of the way, and taking a few days off work to get it together. By Lemons, we should be down to decorating and costumes.

So I've been accepted, and I have the 4 required drivers paying their individual entries and getting licenses in the next couple days. I'll pay team entry as soon as I have their cash (same next couple days).

If we expect to fill the last 2 spots, do we pay for those now and assign later, or can they be added after the deadline? I have several interested, and I'm fairly certain I'll fill them, but I don't want to pay for spots we don't use or be unable to register extra drivers once they're on board.

They close the registration about 2 weeks before the race.  Extra drivers can still be added at the track but it's a few hundred extra to do that.  It sounds like you are trying for the Nov Houston race.  Entry deadline was 17th so you probably got the accepted email late last week.  In about 2 weeks you will start getting the "Pay up Suckers or we'll boot you" emails from HQ.  Your primary concern should be getting 4 bodies registered and everything paid up in the next couple weeks so that your entry says "Ready to Race".  After that you can add or drop people until two weeks prior to the race.  Since first time teams have a pretty high dropout rate once people realize that they need to actually pay money to do this,  I wouldn't front the entry money for anyone.  Even your mom.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Thanks, that pretty much lines up. Team entry is due 10/1, 6 weeks before the race.

4 people are committed and ready to pay, nice to know we can fill the other two later.