Topic: old crows @button turrible

Big congrats to the Risky Whiskey team for their win!

Four Old Crows of seven made it to the race, but it was enough to claim about our 20th consecutive loss in B with the Austin Powers Shagstang.
Pit Mom Deb stayed home with lumbago, and the Goldmember Jensen Healey was held hostage by Dr. Evil who escaped to the Ashland Shakespeare festival. Can you imagine that? Picking world-class theatre over the comedy of Lemons?

All told, the four of us had a great time. The car was flawless even if the drivers were not.
New for the race was a new windshield,  which passed the Lemons Test.
I dunno, maybe I should keep my face shield down just in case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMdVBTxnYGY
https://youtu.be/gpnUorYqa6w

more bloopers to come...

Gary
Old Crows
#171 Austin Powers Shagstang
#907 Goldmember Jensen Healey
Santa Rosa, CA

Re: old crows @button turrible

Bwaaaahaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  And you'll never see your precious Jensen Healey again unless you come up with......... ONE MEEELION DOLLARS!!!!   Bwahaahaa.  Bwhaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaaa......

Dr. Evil
Old Crows Racing & Willson Motorsports
'96 Mustang # 171 (almost an "also mentioned" in B Class), 18 time loser
'73 Jensen Healey #907 (cuz we're idiots, right?) 4 time loser

3 (edited by redzed 2016-10-12 01:24 PM)

bloopers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvwS_UcZKdk

This video has been removed by the user.

Sorry about that.

5 (edited by redzed 2016-10-12 01:25 PM)

Spank wrote:

This video has been removed by the user.

Sorry about that.

Plz try it again Spank...new upload
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvwS_UcZKdk

I really appreciate that your drivers are willing to use their brakes as much as they did. Seriously. To my untrained eye, much of that edit shows your drivers understand it is an endurance event and not a sprint race.

Sorry my cars were in your way, but most of my drivers only ever got to drive a particular car once so they didn't really have much opportunity to get comfortable with each car's abilities or limits.

Spank wrote:

I really appreciate that your drivers are willing to use their brakes as much as they did. Seriously. To my untrained eye, much of that edit shows your drivers understand it is an endurance event and not a sprint race.

Sorry my cars were in your way, but most of my drivers only ever got to drive a particular car once so they didn't really have much opportunity to get comfortable with each car's abilities or limits.

As a driver that passed the "Bronco" and "six LAPD cars" (more than once each I suspect), I feel there is no need to apologize. Button Turrible was significantly enriched by your cars being there. As well as the Team Tinworm Super Snipe (travelling at about the same laptimes as your car army I think).

I thought of the eight forementioned cars as being moving chicanes and I like chicanes.

And thank you for the loan of your hard line flare tool and your MIG welder, along with a thanks to Marc the welder. All were very necessary in keeping our car operating. I was with the Merkur team "out back." Thanks for taking some time away from herding your cats to help us out.

Bill

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

8 (edited by billybobster 2016-10-13 06:01 PM)

billybobster wrote:
Spank wrote:

As a driver that passed the "Bronco" and "six LAPD cars" (more than once each), I feel there is no need to apologize. Button Turrible was significantly enriched by your cars being there. As well as the Team Tinworm Super Snipe (travelling at about the same laptimes as your car army I think).

I thought of the eight forementioned cars as being moving chicanes and I like chicanes. They drove predictably and as far to the right as possible - courteous.

And thank you for the loan of your hard line flare tool and your MIG welder, along with a thanks to Marc the welder. All were very necessary in keeping our car operating. I was with the Merkur team "out back." Thanks for taking some time away from herding your cats to help us out.

Bill

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).