Topic: Z-tech head and neck

Our team is getting new head and neck restraint and want to know what other teams think of the z-tech system.

Re: Z-tech head and neck

I own it and share it with my teammates. Consensus is that it's ok. No sliding tether, so that sucks. It's adjustable, so can be made to fit anyone, but it is a pain to adjust. So, if you share it, you have to adjust for the median person and the others deal with some discomfort. Did have a problem with one of the clips losing its springiness, but they sent me new ones with minimal hassle.

One of my drivers has one. We've taken to calling him the Aluminum Monster. See photo.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5/mustangpat00/Famous_scoliosis_back_brace.jpg

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

I bought one because that is what fit in the budget at the time.  It works fine but it's a bit bulky and cumbersome.  You can adjust it, but don't expect to make those adjustments under pit stops.  It's also rather uncomfortable from my experience.

It's serviceable if budget is a major concern.  But if I had it to do over again, I would have saved more and sprung for a Hans.

I got a Leatt.  Fits well. Has head moving straps.   Comfortable.
They are approx. the cost of a Hans from the USA, but I was able to get a discount.  But you can get a Hans at a discount from England.
I tried the Hans, and did not like it...because of that thing in the back that sticks up....mainly, my wife did not like it, and we share it

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

This is what I needed to know, thanks, I will look at the different setups.