Topic: Backwards at T6 Hell kitty tax

As one of the latest serfs to have to pay the Hell kitty tax, I really appreciate the heads up driving by 3/4 of the field Saturday morning at about 11 am. I want to think it was a group of 6 or 7 of us trying to get around t6 at the same time when the #13  decided to try and go through me at the apex. They hit me hard in the left rear wheel and spun me as the car was totally unloaded. And there I sat helpless as the field came around. I still don't know how every one avoided me, but I do appreciate it!  The funny thing is I tell every new driver on my team, "just avoid those clowns, they will self destruct and you wont have to worry about them" Hard to avoid them when they come up from the rear and think you are a big red brake pad. Once the car refired and I was able to get off the track I was certain I had major damage. I went to the penalty box and the 13 was already in there talking to the judges, Jay came out as I was coming to the box pointed directly at me and said get back out there, no need to stop!   I guess the incident was reported well lol.  I had my team check the car out and they could not find damage. Later that day when we were fixing a mechanical issue I found the damage. Our entire left rear wheel was a pretty shade of hell kitty red. .

I thought some one said these cats wee getting better?

Your Miata Parts Pimp

Re: Backwards at T6 Hell kitty tax

sucks to hear, guess that was my fault for telling you on Friday night that they seemed to be getting better I was wrong.

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

heywood220 wrote:

sucks to hear, guess that was my fault for telling you on Friday night that they seemed to be getting better I was wrong.

I think they're uneven now....sometimes they seem to be racing hard but with some respect for other cars and other times they seem to have forgotten that other cars are on track with them. I would argue that this makes them more dangerous than before as at least before they were predictably assholes and now you have to wonder whether to race with them a bit, hold them up to fuck them off for a while or just give a wide berth and let them fuck themselves up further down the track when you aren't around to be a witness/participant... just my 2 cents.

Butt Sweat & Beers.

I was driving the Rambler this weekend. For what it's worth, the Hell Kitty didn't do anything too bad when it was blasting past me. They certainly didn't scare me as much as a couple other cars did.

Hell kitty induced hubris bit me on the ass. I was driving the ugly #747 BMW and caught the hell kitty about T5. Car didn't seem to be driving bad, but I hung back for a few corners to be sure. Finally decided to go by in t8. I just went under, he saw me in the mirror, allowed me by. It was such a painless transaction that I was amazed and then forgot to lift a bit and turn in for 10a. So I went from doing the happy dance in my seat to sliding sideway through umpteen green cones (sorry green cones, nothing personal) there at the old T10.
I immediately self reported to BF and Keith &Jay let me off with a stern warning to keep all the tires on the race surface at all times. I thought it was an OK outcome after such a boneheaded move, but I didn't know the green cones had ripped the transponder off the car. So we lost 20-ish laps with the stupid move, time in BF, lost laps without transponder, and time to get &install.another rental xponder. That's how to go from 2nd to 37th overall: pass hell kitty and then focus on what a great pass it was, rather than thinking about driving the car.

Yoooge thanks to the team who picked up the xponder during their track walk, and then got it to me. I owe you a couple hundred dollars of beer.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

while we're giving shout-outs to good drivers, kudos to whoever was behind me when I looped the MetSHO in T3 about 30 minutes after the green flag dropped Sunday: you did an outstanding job of avoiding my dumb ass, when you had a great opportunity to hit me!

I didn't get a good look at the car(s), but I think one was black.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

I was in the middle of a laps-long back and forth battle with Team Sheen's Acura on Saturday.  At one point during this, we had a local yellow before turn 10, and of course Hell Kitty passes three cars under yellow.  Didn't get black flagged, but then again a lot of PUY's don't.

I'm sure Sheen can confirm.

It was a great race though........

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

majo wrote:

I was in the middle of a laps-long back and forth battle with Team Sheen's Acura on Saturday.  At one point during this, we had a local yellow before turn 10, and of course Hell Kitty passes three cars under yellow.  Didn't get black flagged, but then again a lot of PUY's don't.

I'm sure Sheen can confirm.

It was a great race though........

Not sure if that was me driving or chris.  I didn't run into them much on the track, or should I say get run into by the hell kitty car. 

We pitted next to them at Joliet and they seemed like a pretty nice bunch.  Tony was very nice and was the first time I really talked to those guys.  I thought they had cleaned up after Jay had a long talk where jay talked and they listened. we have a hell kitty contact counter on our car they asked if that's us hitting them.  HA!

Team Sheen Integra and Mirada.
Every Gingerman & Autobahn since 7-2011

9 (edited by Spank 2020-07-06 01:21 PM)

[wrong thread popped up that I was trying to respond to. Doh]

delete delete delete