1 (edited by gm2 2016-10-11 12:48 PM)

Topic: 'A Decade of Disappointment' Fails to Disappoint

What an awesome race.  So many great things...

We saw Lemonaid run a hella clean race and DOMINATE.
The  Plymouth looked FABULOUS.
The food at the pot-luck and the bbq was great, and the company was even better.
Charnal House's Metro was an absolute masterpiece.
Made some new friends in the midwest.
the squeal-ly talon made me chuckle every time it passed.
We celebrated a TMNT's birthday.
The PT (Picnic Table) Cruiser Rocked around paddock for hours (Thanks for the gas from the Halloween team!).
The Macho Man dance off and subsequent penalty were awesome.
Welded roof animal penalties are awesome.
The 'Door Price' penalty was awesome.
You guys are awesome.

Thanks for a great race/season.  Time for the Lowballers to go gear up for 2017.

Knoxvegas Lowballers  Metro SVT, Multi-Powertrain-Van, The Hooptiecorn
2013 - Heroic Fix, Judge's Choice, Heroic Fix       2014 - IOE,Class-C Win
2015- Judge's Choice, Class B Win,Class A/Overall Win     2016- Org. Choice, B

Re: 'A Decade of Disappointment' Fails to Disappoint

gm2 wrote:

Thanks for a great race/season.  Time for the Lowballers to go gear up for 2017.

I hope you guys keep coming to some of the Midwest races.  You are hoot to hang out with and a credit to the race (LeMonites, that is).

Glad you liked the Plymouth...now we start to make it a Real Racer (TM).

What the Macho Man dance party lacked in volume, it made up with verve.

What the hell was wrong with that Talon, anyway? Making that noise all weekend, I did not expect it to finish the race with a running engine and all its wheels attached.

definitely a failure to disappoint!   great race!  I didn't know what to expect with so many more cars on the track.  pointed a lot of cars by but also got to pass a bunch too.  maybe a few too many cars needed engine diapers with all the caution laps sunday, but otherwise a great weekend!

Was the Eagle Talon's noise from a whistle tip?

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

the talon noise went away when the car got up to speed.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

gm2 wrote:

Time for the Lowballers to go gear up for 2017.

It was great to meet your team. I have a 10 second video of the picnic table driving by, followed by the SLAB, then a bunch of hooptie-ass cars in various states of disrepair. Lemons in a nutshell.

Definitely make some more midwest races. I'll continue to make race brisket, and Tsog offers race bacon.

nickD wrote:
gm2 wrote:

Time for the Lowballers to go gear up for 2017.

It was great to meet your team. I have a 10 second video of the picnic table driving by, followed by the SLAB, then a bunch of hooptie-ass cars in various states of disrepair. Lemons in a nutshell.

Definitely make some more midwest races. I'll continue to make race brisket, and Tsog offers race bacon.

We are gonna need this video!

Knoxvegas Lowballers - Team Mom: unfortunately that is my circus and those are my monkeys.
www.facebook.com/KnoxvegasLowballers

It was another great race, look forward to seeing all you car addicts in 2017.   Me, the team, and the Camaro are going to be back!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

10 (edited by shamwow 2016-10-12 05:33 AM)

It was so cool!  Of course the MetSHO had some issues; a leaking JY rad gave way to a BHG (or was it the other way around?) but we still had a ton of fun out there.

The backwards slalom on Friday was awesome. Shout out to Bruce for wheeling that malaise mopar to 2nd place.

The potluck on Friday was awesome! Some seriously good stuff there!

Congrats to lemonaid for running such a clean race. Its always great talking to and hanging out with those guys. I loved the paint job as well.

THANK YOU to Rough Knuckle racing for donating an extra harness to our team. I forgot to check the belt expiration before the race and it was out by 2 months.  I was at Lane Auto about to become $400 poorer thanks to my own stupidity when they came through. Amazing.

Thank you to the team with the orange neon (Warriors?), who let us use their coolant pressure tester. Our butt terrible JY cooling system had many leaks...

Thanks to Team Sheen and their awesome level of preparedness. They always make up for our lack by remembering to bring things like torque wrenches and tire pressure gauges... haha

Thanks to Landshark for letting us use their battery charger and jump box,

And we couldn't have even started the race without Team Orca. Thanks for all your help over the weekend guys!

Apologies to any unfortunate teams that had to drive over the water puddles we left on track...

Mike @ Charnal House Inc.
Like us on Facebook!
Or send us a message at CharnalHouse@gmail.com

Our race was about as good as could be expected for the first time in A class, we managed to finish 5th overall, after getting as high as 2nd in the standings and flirting with 1st for half a lap, this is one place better than our last race and would have won B if we were not promoted so I am good with the promotion. We may not have the speed of the fastest A class cars but we have strategy smile 

We had two new to Apocalyptic Racing drivers in on Sunday and both did extremely well to stay clean and avoid black flags while maintaining our top 5 position (thanks to TaTas blowing up as well wink ). Nick did great moving from the Plymouth to the Celica and Doug getting back into Lemons after three years on the sidelines.

The whole weekend was a blast, parking with "The Usual Suspects" is always fun, lots going on and the Pot Luck was a huge success, needs to be a regular fixture for friday nights for sure.

Cool to see Lemon-Aid get the win, so fast and clean and all round nice guys, if you plan on domination this is the classy way to do it.

The Plymouth, Charnal House, the Red Wagon, Race Rambler and Dave's Caddy were highlights on and off the track as well as SLABdoba and too many others to remember.

Always good to hang with Burnt Rubber Soul racing, thanks MJ for the help with the trans swap Saturday night, I know it cut into your party time but this is the true Lemons spirit people happy to put down the beers for a couple of hours and help another team out.

I didn't get to socialize as much as I would have liked, early night Friday as I was freaking out about my 4+ hour stint on Saturday followed by the trans swap Saturday night didn't leave much time for partying this race.

Hope to see the Quantum back to it's full potential soon and can't wait to see the next creation from White Trash Racing as well as the evolution of the Plymouth to class C domination.

Team Sheen always fun to battle with you guys, our cars are now so close on lap times and stint length and that Mirada is just so cool I'm looking forward to racing it with the bugs ironed out.

Time for some winter maintenance and plans for domination in 2017!

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Stately or Majestic were the most common ways that people described the appearance of the latest creation of my crew, Team Bad Decisions, as it slowly circled the race track.  Drivers described it as stable, slow, and having box-truck like handling.  We all got out of the car grinning ear to ear…even the short stint we gave Anton seemed to make him happy.

Who would have thought that a mostly stock car running a 1930’s designed drivetrain and suspension would have ended up giving us our most reliable race ever.  We had not one on-track mechanical issue even including the test and tune day.  The old girl was rock steady finishing above mid-pack in Class C and beating more than 30 cars from the whole field.  All this whilst being the slowest car on the track by a significant margin and us having leisurely driver changes after short stints.  Did I mention the car had been driven less than eight blocks in over 30 years before Friday morning?

Though the IoE win was not too much of a surprise after our competitors in that realm had mechanical issues (the Eldo blew up, Matador got very little track time and the Cordoba also had a time-eating failure or two), it is no less gratifying.  I hate to win that way as one of my personal goals for every race is to do anything I can to get other teams back on the track.

Big thanks to Cabinboy who helped with the cage and to our chief mechanic who finished 90% of the remainder while the rest of us kept going to our jobs (every team needs a retired coal mine mechanic!).  The assembly of the car from a pile of parts was done almost as fast as the prep for the Dustbuster but was twice as confusing (what exactly is a 7/16” bolt and why do we have so many?) since it came as a shell and a truck bed full of parts.

We greatly appreciate everyone not hitting the car and just letting us hug one side or the other for most of the race.  The car will get faster as we make improvements to the suspension but we plan to run at least another race with the stock drivetrain just to see what it really can do.

Finally, thanks to all the folks that make Lemons races a great place to hang out when you aren’t driving…and that is pretty much everyone.  The racing is all fine and good, but the community is what keeps me coming back.