Re: My Experence at Gingerman (for those who are intersted)

Guildenstern wrote:

There is a list of teams Eric Rood posts on Hooniverse with a link to the entry list.
Like this one for the current race this weekend.

http://hooniverse.com/2016/10/20/24-hou … n-supreme/

As for locations. Yea there are no assigned locations. some people reserve spots for power, but most of us roll in and just find a spot.

Also you have this handy dandy forum to get in touch with people prior to the race.

You misunderstood me, I meant locations as in hometowns. I'd like to know who's in my area so we can hang out outside of race weekends.

Hmm...someone has a map...not sure how complete it i and too lazy tonight (14 hour day) to google it.

Hodgepodge75 wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

There is a list of teams Eric Rood posts on Hooniverse with a link to the entry list.

As for locations. Yea there are no assigned locations. some people reserve spots for power, but most of us roll in and just find a spot.

Also you have this handy dandy forum to get in touch with people prior to the race.

You misunderstood me, I meant locations as in hometowns. I'd like to know who's in my area so we can hang out outside of race weekends.

Here you go
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? … xOkNAhWYFY

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Hot dang, there's 3 Northeast Ohio teams now.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

meyers0150 wrote:
Hodgepodge75 wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

Here you go
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? … xOkNAhWYFY

Holy Crap! This is exactly what I was looking for! Kind of slim pickings and nobody close enough to us to matter without it being a hassle but still. I am utterly impressed.

Join the Lemons Lounge Facebook page.  It's all in there.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

32 (edited by OnkelUdo 2016-10-27 05:31 PM)

Hodgepodge75 wrote:

Holy Crap! This is exactly what I was looking for! Kind of slim pickings and nobody close enough to us to matter without it being a hassle but still. I am utterly impressed.

EVERYTHING IN Lemons IS A HASSLE!

Now, there are lots of Milwaukee area teams (may or may not be on the map) and some of them are awesome.  It is what, 90 minutes?  My team members travel 2-3 hours for build days.

If you want hook-up in Milwaukee, PM me.  The team I started with (Priority Fail...on the map) as unofficial crew is based in that area and the team captain regularly finds himself working 100% alone...and he is actually hugely fun and his wife even more so.

So, since you left the newbie section, nut up and do something...not your team...get involved with another.  Wild Bill or Nathan will welcome you with open arms.  Need an intro...let me know.

One thing to consider at a Lemons race is that despite being filthy, tired, anxious (and/or bored), and often spewing an unbroken stream of curse words at a car, everybody there is in their happy place and probably as sociable as we get. Don't be intimidated by anyone because we're all actually happy to be there.

I highly recommend hanging out in the bad decisions/product design paddock space at the next race. They take great care of newbies as evidenced by the fact that they spawned two spin off teams and still have too many drivers. Also bacon. If nothing else, the bacon will change your life.

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

34 (edited by OnkelUdo 2016-10-27 07:42 PM)

VanillaHaze wrote:

and often spewing an unbroken stream of curse words at a car

My curses are never directed at the car per se...usually at the damned engineer that designed it.  Can't trust ANY of those automotive engineers.  Of course, I regularly race GM products from the 1990's so everyone tells me I should curse the accountants...I still curse those damned engineers... Scotty is the only one every trusted,

To the OP... Mr VanillaHaze used to be my second token engineer...and one in the industry no less.  I may or may not still hold it against him.

OnkelUdo wrote:
VanillaHaze wrote:

and often spewing an unbroken stream of curse words at a car

My curses are never directed at the car per se...usually at the damned engineer that designed it.  Can't trust ANY of those automotive engineers.  Of course, I regularly race GM products from the 1990's so everyone tells me I should curse the accountants...I still curse those damned engineers... Scotty is the only one every trusted,

To the OP... Mr VanillaHaze used to be my second token engineer...and one in the industry no less.  I may or may not still hold it against him.

That is why I race an 89 GM product.  Everything was great in 1989.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Next time you are at gingerman stop by!  Assuming we are not up to our elbows in 'sploded SHO parts (hint: we typically are), I would be happy to say Hi

Mike @ Charnal House Inc.
Like us on Facebook!
Or send us a message at CharnalHouse@gmail.com