Topic: any surplus scissor jacks out there for NHMS delivery?

Hello all who plan on attending Halloween Hooptiefest!

My older son's 4th grade class has constructed a chicken tractor (portable coop) this fall, and one thing it could use is some leveling jacks.

https://lemonsfiasco.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/img_2973.jpg

Do any of you have any surplus scissor jacks from your hoopties floating around that I could bolt/weld/zip-tie to the corners of this thing so when the class figures out they can see-saw this thing there's something preventing their imminent demise?

If you can help, bring your surplus jacks to the central garage stall 23 (the Merkur, car 138).

Thanks!

Re: any surplus scissor jacks out there for NHMS delivery?

I've got at least one from the new car. I'll do my best to remember to throw it in the car and bring it.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Way long shot

If anyone going is way down south Florida they can swing by, should have at least 4 here

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

I got a spare one I can give you. I'll have it packed and bring it to NHMS for you.

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.

Sweet!!!!

I'll have to buy extra beer.

Thank you!

fiasco wrote:

Sweet!!!!

Thank you!

I'll be by the tech garage, green miata car 101. Come on by, I should be arriving roughly around 9am on Friday

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.

fiasco wrote:

Sweet!!!!

Thank you!

I've got plenty of beer. Bringing two 5 gallon kegs. Swing by when the track is cold and you can have a scissor jack and beer.

I'm in the center garages, HQ half, across from Three Pedal Mafia.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

I've got plenty of beer. Bringing two 5 gallon kegs. Swing by when the track is cold and you can have a scissor jack and beer.

Wow, center garages are going to be a bit rediculous, you have 2 kegs, we have a hot tub, SFPR will bring the party as usual, and Bert has the livingroom set.  No matter what happens with the car this will be a good time.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Sonic wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

Wow, center garages are going to be a bit rediculous, you have 2 kegs, we have a hot tub, SFPR will bring the party as usual, and Bert has the livingroom set.  No matter what happens with the car this will be a good time.

I'm greatly looking forward to it. My logitech wheel appears broken, so I can't do my driving setup. I may consider bringing the projector anyway and throwing my old N64 up against the garage door.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

TheEngineer wrote:
Sonic wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

I'm greatly looking forward to it. My logitech wheel appears broken, so I can't do my driving setup. I may consider bringing the projector anyway and throwing my old N64 up against the garage door.

Let me see if I can get my G27 back from a buddy. I might be able to bring that up... unless you want me to bring my fanatec setup ;-). I'll contact my buddy tomorrow for the Logitech setup too.

Somebody wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

Let me see if I can get my G27 back from a buddy. I might be able to bring that up... unless you want me to bring my fanatec setup ;-). I'll contact my buddy tomorrow for the Logitech setup too.

Only if you have a seat/frame for it as well. I took mine apart when I found out the g25 was dead (it was 2x4s and falling apart anyway). I'll throw the PS3 in the car either way though.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

TheEngineer wrote:
Somebody wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

Only if you have a seat/frame for it as well. I took mine apart when I found out the g25 was dead (it was 2x4s and falling apart anyway). I'll throw the PS3 in the car either way though.

If I can fit my plays eat in I will, don't know how much room I will have. I'll have a better idea on Thursday night if I can or can not. It will not fit in my wife's car and I'm jumping in with Russian to drive up. I can bring my PS3 too :-). Maybe I'll get the G27 also. I'm sure we could conjure up some sort of setup for 2 seats. I'll keep you posted

Fiasco, I never got to give you the jack. If you still need it I'll happily get it to you. Shoot me an email and we'll work it out.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

Same here Fiasco, we never met the whole time up there this past weekend. If there is somehow your down in Ct. Or you have someone coming up your way I can hand it off to them for you

Yeah, went to find both you guys and you were either busy on the car or nowhere to be found. Then Sunday our car lost boost so we just threw the POS on the trailer and left early.

I'll try to catch up with TheEngineer.