Topic: MSR Houston - CW or CCW?

Hi,

Will the houston race be CW or CCW?

Team RicerZX
1980 Datsun 280ZX NA

Re: MSR Houston - CW or CCW?

I haven't heard anything in particular this year, but I assume CW. That's how they've run it the last three years.

Although one year they did CW Saturday and CCW on Sunday.  That was different!  But my money is on CW only!

Tetanus Racing Toxoid!
86 E30  It ain't cheatin' if it's junk!
Work in Progress

crashandburn wrote:

Although one year they did CW Saturday and CCW on Sunday.  That was different!  But my money is on CW only!

I think I remember something about HQ and/or the Chief Perp not liking the ninety degree approach to the pit wall when running CCW.

-jt
Unionized Physicist
Tetanus Racing
1986 Porsche 944, #986

5 (edited by SpaceFrank 2016-11-10 03:55 PM)

jimthefirst wrote:
crashandburn wrote:

I think I remember something about HQ and/or the Chief Perp not liking the ninety degree approach to the pit wall when running CCW.

It is a pretty fast 180 onto the main straight going CCW, but I don't know how much worse that is compared to going CW with the bumpy corner coming out of the carousel. With or without the sun in your eyes at 5 o'clock.

(rephrased for clarity)

crashandburn wrote:

Although one year they did CW Saturday and CCW on Sunday.  That was different!

Even-numbered cars CW, odd-numbered cars CCW.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally