Topic: Penalty for Late Driver Change at Sonoma

I fall into the category of being a late driver change....and the last time I did this, it was probably 2011, which meant there was little (no?) penalty.

Times have a-changed.

So how does this work? I think I pay my late fee at the gate...but I'm not sure beyond that. 

-Is it true that I will pay at the main entry gate to the track?

-Is the fee $220?

-Do I need to pay with cash, or will they accept card?

-What else needs to happen?

I'm up to date on my license (both CA and Lemons), so I should be all set.....hopefully.

Re: Penalty for Late Driver Change at Sonoma

Well,I deleted all those late fee e-mails from Nick,so I can't quote him, but.....
If I remember correctly,you will have to pay the 220 to register at the track...
You will need to pay the 30 at the gate ,since you are not on the list of registered drivers
There is also the chance that I am wrong about all this....
Good Luck
Mike

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

$30 cash at the gate to get in, then $220 cash or card at Lemons HQ to exchange your green wristband for blue and yellow ones. Print your profile page showing your Lemons comp license expiration date to reduce hassle.

#98 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight - Class A car in the hands of a Class D team - MSR Houston IOE!

If your comp license is expired I believe you have to pay the full amount for the license but it is only good for that race.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Just to follow up on this in case it's helpful for others that may end up in a similar situation:

At the gate, we had to give the name of the driver I was replacing.  They scratched his name off and put my name down, so he couldn't then come in in case we were up to shenangians.

Then we went to HQ to pay the $220, which included a one-race Lemons license in that cost (which was a bummer, because I had recently renewed my license, but not the end of the world).  Had I known this, I would have waited to renew my license until right before the next race I do.

Then we teched my gear, and that was it!  Pretty easy and painless.