Topic: Roll cage for big man in little car

The condor contour is almost ready for its flight. But there is one little problem we have, one of our guys that is 6' 5" and with the bar behind the seat can we bend it out so we can get that 6 inch space, instead of straight across so it the seat can go back far enough for him to drive? Also, the with 2 inch head clearance that means we would have to put the seat almost to the floor and would that be a safety issue. Our 4 drivers height range from 5'9 to 6' 5".

2 (edited by jimbbski 2017-01-23 02:35 PM)

Re: Roll cage for big man in little car

If your referring to the "harness bar" and not the diagonal brace for the main hoop then yes you can install a bar that bends backward to give you more room. Also you can lean the seat back of your drivers seat so that the driver sits less upright. This can work only up to a point.  I know of very few "racing" rated seats that like  OEM seats  are two piece.

3 (edited by RobL 2017-01-23 02:54 PM)

wildmustang wrote:

Also, the with 2 inch head clearance that means we would have to put the seat almost to the floor and would that be a safety issue. Our 4 drivers height range from 5'9 to 6' 5".

Yes.  This one is strictly enforced.  The safety issue here isn't that your seat is on the floor it's that your driver's spine would be crushed should the car roll over and the roof collapse/deform enough to come in contact with the helmet of a driver who is very tightly belted into an immobile seat.  I'm a taller guy and I've had to bolt seats directly to the floor in order to fit under the roof w/ a cage and SFI2010 helmet.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Exo-cage a bar in the middle between the main hoop and the halo that bends in an arc between them.  Takes care of the height issue.