Topic: Barber Test/Tune Reminder

Hey folks, if you're intending to do the test/tune at Barber this Friday but have been dragging your feet in signing up, this is your reminder that tomorrow, January 31, is the last day to register for the test/tune at the Early Bird price. It's $300 through tomorrow, after that it kicks up to $425/car.

Teams that are pre-registered for the test-tune also get early access to the paddock, which means sometime on Thursday evening. Teams that aren't doing test/tune can't get in until noon on Friday. I don't make the rules, I'm just passing along the info. 

To sign up, fill in this form and email or fax it to the guys running the test/tune:

http://www.hardtuned.com/2017BarberTest.pdf

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Re: Barber Test/Tune Reminder

Mulry wrote:

Teams that aren't doing test/tune can't get in until noon on Friday.

Just be aware you can't set a watch (or get a paddock space) by what time they *say* they will let you in.  In 2014 we we arrived early AM on Friday and were told we couldn't get in until lunch.  We hadn't eaten so we left (in a separate rig) to go get some food and got back about 11:45 AM, only to find everyone else was let in early.  Thus we were outcast into the not-so-desirable upper most paddock area.

Yeah, I might still be a little bitter about it.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:

Just be aware you can't set a watch (or get a paddock space) by what time they *say* they will let you in.

To be fair, I've had this experience at many other tracks for many other Lemons races. Autobahn before the 24-hour race a couple summers ago was especially nasty because they didn't even have sufficient area to permit staging for entry. I can't even begin to recall all the other times we've sat around waiting to get in at other tracks.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

To be fair, I've had this experience at many other tracks.

Absolutely, I didn't mean to single out Barber.  VIR is notorious for not being able to read a clock also.  The worst experience we had was at PBIR at the Lemons 24 Hour race, back in 2010 IIRC.  We arrived at the gate at 5:00AM and around 11:30 Jay rolled in and asked us why we were all still outside the gate.  Ummm, because it's still locked!  That was a HUGE fustercluck, which is the reason I expect Lemons has never been back there.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:
Mulry wrote:

Teams that aren't doing test/tune can't get in until noon on Friday.

Just be aware you can't set a watch (or get a paddock space) by what time they *say* they will let you in.  In 2014 we we arrived early AM on Friday and were told we couldn't get in until lunch.  We hadn't eaten so we left (in a separate rig) to go get some food and got back about 11:45 AM, only to find everyone else was let in early.  Thus we were outcast into the not-so-desirable upper most paddock area.

Yeah, I might still be a little bitter about it.

Hmm, not like you to hold a grudge!

I want to live or die trying.