Topic: FNG

Good morning all,

My name is Matt. I am a newbie and will be looking for sound advice or bad advice, which ever I can get my hands on. I'm planning on doing the rally in 2018 from Moscow to Paris. I live in Virginia, so the upcoming Rally in California would be too far for me to travel.

I am currently getting a "team" together and already have my vehicle. I purchased an old beat up 91 Camaro RS for 500 bucks. Over the next year, I will be doing lots of preventative maintenance to the car and I'm tearing out the old interior and getting a newer pair of seats...Something comfy for hours of driving.

1991 Camaro RS (Lemons Rally car)     1990 BMW 735iL (Daily Driver)

Re: FNG

My guess is that the rally will not be from Moscow to Paris next year.  Short of that is your plan just the rally or are you going to be racing it too?  Very different requirements there.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

meyers0150 wrote:

My guess is that the rally will not be from Moscow to Paris next year.  Short of that is your plan just the rally or are you going to be racing it too?  Very different requirements there.

Yeah, I figured the location would change. I plan on only doing the rally this go round. I now know that the requirements are completely different for the race.

1991 Camaro RS (Lemons Rally car)     1990 BMW 735iL (Daily Driver)

They always make you go through the worst conditions, so make sure you have a decent set of all season tires, working heater, CB communication, and a car that shouldn't break.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix