Topic: Confirmation on spreader plate sizing

I think I already know the answer to this question. But to be safe. Spreader plates.

When building plinth boxes, if you bend the spreader plate so that it welds to both the floor and up the sill, all of that surface area counts correct? Meaning if my plate has 6"x3" on the floor, and then 6"x5" up the sill I have a total spreader plate area of 48sqin. Then you obviously add the rest of the material to build that into a box.

I believe this is a correct statement, but I'd hate to show up and get called out because only 18sqin counted.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Re: Confirmation on spreader plate sizing

That is my understanding as well.  As you know the standard issue reply is to email John just to be sure.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Re: Confirmation on spreader plate sizing

Yea, i'll likely email jay, just asking the collective group first.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice