1 (edited by racer_x 2017-03-27 03:44 PM)

Topic: Kia Pet goes two wheelin' at T7 @ Sears Pointless 2017

So, had a great race!  I look forward to the March Sears Point race because it's always near my birthday.

I was out first Saturday until about noon and had a great time in my 12th or 15th race...lost count.  HOPEFULLY I was not a ass hat and waved y'all bye when I could.  I remember being near (behind) the 581 Volvo, dicing with the Misfits Jag and a few others. Y'all drove clean and I had a blast!   If I feel I'm holding someone up I give a wave, if I'm passing I do it clean where it makes sense.

OK....11:20-11:40 Saturday I'm heading into T7.  The Kia is so freakin light that we brake suuuuuper late.  I hit the first apex OK, then about mid-turn my spidey sense tingles and a car on the outside makes a quick turn to go to the inside.  I turn in to avoid contact, there was none and I hit the inside curbing at exit of T7 and I go up on 2 wheels.  Probably felt higher than it was, but...Mike in the 186 (I think...used to be Wylie Coyote) said "Your passenger side was AT LEAST 2' in the air...amazing!"   I'm hoping to get footage if someone was behind me.  We had one camera record our floor the entire stint so maybe our other one got something.

Again, great time!!  We try to be good and clean (no flags all weekend) and fess up when we screw up.

See y'all at the track!

Russ
#222 Kia Pet

Winner  "I Got Screwed" - Arse Sweat-a-Palooza, 2011, Winner  "Class C" - 24hr Arse Sweat-a-Palooza, 2012, 4th Class B Sears Pointless 2013, 3rd Class B More Pointless 2013.

Re: Kia Pet goes two wheelin' at T7 @ Sears Pointless 2017

Congrats on running a clean race, glad you did well enough to win that birthday necklace!

Del Camino - Vodden 2015, 97th, Organizers Choice (best cartruck); Sears Pointless 2016, 51stl; Vodden 2016, 33rd; ArseFreeze 2016, 33rd

3 (edited by racer_x 2017-03-29 12:52 PM)

Re: Kia Pet goes two wheelin' at T7 @ Sears Pointless 2017

HA!  That was Ross.  He lost the bet with you guys!   Good times...

Russ

Winner  "I Got Screwed" - Arse Sweat-a-Palooza, 2011, Winner  "Class C" - 24hr Arse Sweat-a-Palooza, 2012, 4th Class B Sears Pointless 2013, 3rd Class B More Pointless 2013.