Topic: Looking for a Lemons inspected Pinto or Pinto Wagon

I have 2 spare cars but im worried about making the cage, even with professionals doing it.  I dont want to drive from Amarillo all the way to a race and fail tech.  Call or text me @ 806-206-3969

Re: Looking for a Lemons inspected Pinto or Pinto Wagon

tomw_6 wrote:

I have 2 spare cars but im worried about making the cage, even with professionals doing it.  I dont want to drive from Amarillo all the way to a race and fail tech.  Call or text me @ 806-206-3969

You also may want to post in the Lemons newcomers section.  Someone there might know someone who can help you with building the cage or at least direct you towards a decent shop that can do it.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, NX200, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix

meyers0150 wrote:
tomw_6 wrote:

You also may want to post in the Lemons newcomers section.  Someone there might know someone who can help you with building the cage or at least direct you towards a decent shop that can do it.

Bill ran a pinto at the August race on the east coast. Will forward this thread to him.

1992 Saturn SL2 - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner

4 (edited by -SDR- 2017-04-06 07:06 AM)

A Pinto is no different than vast majority of cars that run here.  Just build it to the rules.

I have done several different types of racing with Pintos, and they are great to play with.

IF your concerns are specifically about the Pinto myth that was started by a (fake) news agency in the 1970's, then IMHO, just go get a different car to run.

Please note that I will gladly give you as much info as you need, but I would rather post the info HERE (well. at least in the correct section) than a call or text, that way others with similar questions can find the info as well. 

Bill

CT LeMons 2016 Thompson Motor Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
CT LeMons 2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/profile.php?id=1271

Matt has a caged/"raced" pinto wagon.  Email him.

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

I called and left a VM a week ago and have not heard back......

Bill

CT LeMons 2016 Thompson Motor Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
CT LeMons 2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

Sorry guys I didnt see all the replies.  Bill SDR holler at me again. 

Tom